is saban's defense the next turning point in college football

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by snorton938, Mar 8, 2004.

1. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

won't be here that long my friend......it is growing by leaps and bounds.......i get road rage at all the stop lites......they span about 20 feet....my plan......in another 13 years, i will be back in slidell january thru april for carnival and on cocoa beach the rest of the year.......be good.....

2. turbotiger

turbotiger Founding Member

Another Orlando Tiger

I hear you man, its too much traffic and too many tolls. What part of orlando do you live in? I live in Avalon Park in East Orlando. Drop me a line

[email protected]

If you want to get together and have a beer and talk some LSU Football, I'm always up for meeting fellow LSU fans in town. My wife and I were married by a minister I met on the Tigers Lair.

later --

3. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Sure, there are counters to such a defense and I think you'll see SEC teams a little better prepared for such a D next season. Teams now have yet another season's worth of Saban-led LSU game film to dissect, and I'd think teams with QBs who are pretty damn good and have faced LSU more than once will do the best.

What allowed Jake Delhomme to shred the pro version of this defense (the Patriots) in the Super Bowl? Grace under pressure, willingness to take risks when necessary and some damn good throws, all things that an unseasoned, untalented QB cannot do.

Enough Devil's Advocating for now. The only two offenses LSU will face that are sufficiently talented and experienced enough where it counts that can pose real challenges to the D are Georgia and Florida, both of whom LSU faces in back to back weeks.

On the road.

If LSU's still undefeated come October 10, time to make reservations for Atlanta and beyond.

4. MALONE121212

MALONE121212 Founding Member

I normally would agree that teams will have an extra year to prepare. But we also heard that Bob Stoops would shred our defense because of having a month to prepare. That was not the case. Our defense was only vunerable to the delayed running back coming out the backfield. I think we will make an adjustment and have everything running very smoothly. Our speed and our cover corners is the difference.

5. LSUBlitz245

LSUBlitz245 Founding Member

No matter how hard a coach may try to have a good offence/defence like us, it'll never happen. Before they will even get started we'll beat em' to the punch! As long as Saban is our coach, look for straight back-to-back N.C. every year for LSU, unless one team gets lucky and is as good as us and beats us, unlikely though!

6. LSUBlitz245

LSUBlitz245 Founding Member

Then again, we do have to have the players for it too! Still, I think we will be unstopable for years to come. Saban will lead LSU all the way for years, just like Bear Bryant with Alabama years back, and be a legend like him too!

7. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

The keys to our "D" are the players. You have to have 2 (minimum) shut down corners, speed and size at LB & DL, smart and athletic safeties. We have 'em all (and lot's of each). Any good coach could coach our system, but if you ain't got the right bodys forget it. :champs:

8. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

is webster a senior....if he is who is his replacement? i agree, the corners are the fastest....everytime on a corner blitz the offense looked at exploiting hunt on a mismatch (whose his replacement)?