Is the ACC that good?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MikeD, Mar 5, 2004.

1. VT Sucks

VT Sucks Freshman

LOL on the last one, but MD shouldnt get in (over UVA) if UVA beats them on tomorrow night, unless MD wins the first round of the ACC tourny (I guess I mean if they win the quarterfinals, b/c they would probably be in the play in game.) I can see 7-9 teams making it, but if they go 6-10 (which could happen to FSU, UVA, and MD) then they dont deserve it, unless they make it to the ACC champ game. The main reason people are saying that 8 teams could make it in is because of the weak PAC 10 and Big Ten this year. (Isn't it ironic, the #1 team in the polls for football and basketball are both from the pac ten, which is the weakest "big" confernce in the county? Stanford will not be national champs, just like their PAC-10 brother USC wasnt in football.)

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I think the Big-12 is as good or better than the SEC.

This is the worst year I have seen in a while in the SEC. You really only have 2 good teams with Miss. State and Kentucky. After that you can throw LSU, Vandy, So. Carolina, Alabama and Florida any maybe Georgia in a hat as marginal teams.

Big-12 has Oklahoma St, Texas and Kansas as well as Texas Tech that could make some noise in the NCAA tourney. Colorado, Missouri and Oklahoma are bubble teams as well.

3. islstl

I might add that C-USA is probably better than the SEC this year as well. They have Cincinnati, Memphis, Depaul, Louisville, UAB, Charlotte, Marquette, and even Saint. Louis.

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I think your correct now! :D

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

The ACC's mid range teams are much better than the SEC's this season. The SEC is ont near the ACC and the Big 12 and C-USA are also playing much better basketball this season. I've always been a big backer of SEC basketball but not this year. The SEC shouldn't get more than 4 teams in, the ACC should get 8, C-USA should get 6 or 7 along with the Big 12. Since there are so many big comferences down this year maybe some mid-conferences will get more than one team in this year, they should. The PAC 10 and the Big 10 are also way down so that opens up more slots for the mid-conferences, I hope the committee does the right thing and takes some of them.

6. islstl

UL-L for one should get an at-large if they do not win their conference tourney. They should get it over these mid-level SEC teams.

7. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

no.....they suck......

8. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

C-USA better than the SEC!! Are you on serious?!?!

9. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

i don't know about better.....but c-usa may get 5 invites this year......that's pretty impressive....

10. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Someone will indeed get screwed. A five way tie for first place, not including Louisville, will mean someone that tied for the conference championship will be left out of the tournament. That is, unless the unthinkable happens and C-USA gets 6 bids.

Incidentally, one of the teams tied for the championship was UAB, a team LSU beat by 16 points.