Is the ACC that good?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MikeD, Mar 5, 2004.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I doubt you have seen any games they have played this year. This is a truly exciting and athletic team, probably the best team ever at UL-L from an athletic standpoint. I just don't think that UL-L's coach is all that good.

2. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

obviously they don't "suck".....the sarcasm was to imply that i believe that due to prior tradition in the acc it could be possible that a bias may exist allowing some teams in that without that prior tradition would not have gotten in.......i could be dead wrong (do you really think that north carolina has ever fully rebounded to it's prior dean smith glory?)

3. LoneStarTiger

LoneStarTiger Freshman

They say this every year about this time. Watch the selection show on Sunday. Now, there are exceptions, like with every rule, if a team has an exceptionally high SOS or RPI, OR if they go deep into their conference tourney. At 7-9 in a major conference, it's possible, but those teams will be sweating it out. A team with an identical overall record and 9-7 (major) conference record would be selected ahead of them.