is the lsu defense the standard to rate sec qb's?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by snorton938, Mar 8, 2004.

1. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

They did. They drafted Drew Brees with the first pick of the second round. At the time, it made the LT pick look even more like
    a steal, because they got a game-breaker at RB and the QB they really wanted...nobody knew that Brees wasn't going to develop into an NFL QB. Even at that, he still wasn't the bust Cryin' Leaf was.

2. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

i think Brees was more of a hope. he was a great college QB and a great guy. he had tremendous accuracy, but was really lacking arm strength.

he was available and i think they were hoping he would do the job until they could get another franchise type QB.

Brees is better than Danny Weurfeul(sp?), but still in that same mold.

his career is not over, but when the Chargers draft Eli....Brees is back on the bench.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

What LSU/Ole Miss game were u watching? Eli had a much worse game than Greene did the first time LSU faced GA. Manning couldn't read our blitz package to save his life in that game.

4. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

i think lsu sacked eli 4 times.......it seems green was getting eaten up more than that but i don't have the numbers......it just seemed that green was taken more off guard by it......i also question the georgia coach......he saw what happened the first game and didn't have an answer in the sec championship game.....they actually looked worse.....

5. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

i think LSU was a lot better team for the 2nd game. especially the offense. when the fresmen RBs started playing...it just added a whole new dimension

6. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

I am sure those sites a correct but they always talk about Leaf being #1 overall Flop.