Is the pressure off?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerFan90, Oct 9, 2004.

1. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

I think it is and I think the Tigers might be starting to play like it. Some of the guys just looked looser tonight. What do ya think? :geaux:

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I don't think playing in the SEC that the pressure is ever off and Saban will still want to see improvement. However this may have been just what the young team needs to get the train rolling.

3. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

Sorry, what I meant was the NC pressure that the team may have been feeling. Secondary to that the SEC Champs. LSU is not out of that race, I know, but I am thinking that something may have changed with this ballclub over the last few days and into the night.

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

AU would need to lose 3 games for LSU to have a shot at the West and another SECC which is highly unlikely. I think the team now can definitely look at it one game at a time and forget about the bigger things for a while.

5. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

I think some of the pressure is off, not going to win the NC, probably won't even win the SEC West. One thing seemed apparent, this was the loosest the team has look all year in a big game. Going down 14 - 0 right from the get go, turning the ball over 3 times and having to start inside our own one yard line twice this teamed should unbelieveable heart (kinda makes me wonder who were those guys that played Georgia last week). :geaux:

6. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

the pressure was off after the loss to Georgia

7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

^^^ That's what I was gonna say. :)

8. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Its "on" now, this team ain't done yet. Go Tigers !

9. urtoosmall

urtoosmall Founding Member

There is definitely some pressure off for the Tigers....I mean compare this game to the Ole Miss game last year.. both really close games, but I actually got to really enjoy this game....as opposed to the ole miss game where I was a nervous wreck...

I'd have to assume the players feel the same way..

10. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

It was funny that you mentioned the ole miss game. When Russell threw an interception early in the game, I immediately had flashbacks of the ole miss game. I got really depressed with the second interception. So I decided to sit back andn relax, and waited to see what this Tiger team really got. In an way, that might have loosened up the team and got them to go back to the basics in execution, and forget about other things including being in the Swamp. It's really great to see the resilience of this team, like that of the 2003 team.
    :)
    ________
    COOKING FORUM