Is the pressure off?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerFan90, Oct 9, 2004.

1. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

The pressure will always be there, the SEC is a tough place to play. But, the pressure of last season that was hanging over this team is probably gone. They got through the toughest part of the schedule, and with this FL win have confidence and a new identity.

The players did look to be loose on the field, I bet the game last week had a lot to do with it. I'm Saban has a lot to do with it as well, he has a good way of taking it one game at a time (building off each win and loss).

I'd like to think we can now just win out, but each team we play will be gunning to beat last year's NC . . . however, after that FL game I feel this team is headed in a good direction.

2. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

I don't know what "looking loose" means sure a lot of catch phrases in the world, but Saban certainly via the media basically said that some folks were going to start sitting if play did not improve. He saw no value in continuing to yell his head off. Wake up call play like you were taught or watch and learn.

3. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

I don't think that loose is the right term. I think focus and intensity comes to mind. This team played for 60 minutes for the first time against a legit team. I mean the defensive performance was great. I think Leak is as good as Greene, and he was minimized. Leak only had 1 good drive in the 2nd qtr, and they were shutout in the 2nd half. I think the 2004 team has finally found its identity.

4. BigJ31

BigJ31 Founding Member

If AU loses to Arky and UGA and we run the table as does Arky wouldn't we win the 3 way tie? This is not extremely likely,but you never know...

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

By saying they played loose they are implying we played to win instead of being afraid of making mistakes, pressing, forgetting the right way to do things, etc. The Tigahs played like they are supposed to play, with confidence, desire and all out hustle. The big play by Jessie Daniels is the picture of what the team brought to the field Saturday night.

Plus it was a night game, haven't seen that mentioned anywhere, we do play better at night.

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

This is incorrect. If Arkansas would beat Auburn along with Bama and we run the table we would actually win the west. We need for Auburn to lose to 2 western division teams though.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

simply put the team played "proactively" instead of "reactively" the entire game.

that basically allowed them to control the game as opposed of having the game taken to them.