Is the problem Crowton or is it Miles?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerBrit, Oct 2, 2010.

1. TigerBrit

TigerBrit Founding Member

My whining comment preceded GxGxHon comment.

2. geauxgeauxhon

geauxgeauxhon blah blah blah

Edited because my comment preceded the OP's comment about his comment preceding my first comment. LOL. I'll get back to my bitching about subbing JJ at the end... :hihi:

3. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

No, look at the thread "What Vols Think" click on the link and scroll down. He's over there comforting the orange.....

4. TigerBrit

TigerBrit Founding Member

I think games where we've beaten ourselves are relevant. Add Penn State. Altho we could blame the field for throwing over the middle with no TO's left.

5. cmspeedy

cmspeedy Veteran Member

I feel Miles is the problem. He is responsible for the product put on the field. In the end if a QB in his Junior year wastes 30 seconds of valuable clock I look at the coaches. They are responsible for the game preparaion. Part of this is having an easy to understand gameplan and not subbing so much that it becomes a job itself. You beat yourself when you do that by not giving the team the continuity needed to win. The offensive gameplan this year is the worst I've ever seen. The discipline with regard to penalties is one of the worst I've ever seen. All signs point to a problem at the top.

The kids are playing their butts off and are extremely talented. I feel sorry for them.

6. Berge

Berge Founding Member

It's both.... It has to be right?

Miles didn't have a play sheet at the end to change the formation with 12 seconds left, but he should have had the sense to veto that awful decision. Morons all around.

1 person likes this.
  7. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

no one else seems to notice that in the Crowton v Miles arguments.

8. cmspeedy

cmspeedy Veteran Member

It may be both, but a good head coach is smart enough to be able to go "hands on" with the OC and correct the problem. Miles doesn't even need to worry about the defense - he can focus 100% on offense. I don't know the man well enough to say if hes lazy or just incompetant, but he is an absolutely terrible strategist. Given the level of play in the SEC a good strategist and disciplinarian is required to achieve a very high level of on field performance. Penalties, poor clock management, animosity towards other team mates (Jefferson to Lee), are all because of Miles lack of leadership, plain and simple. Good head coaches demand more out of their coordinators and don't put players in such awkward situations as Miles did today. I would be willing to bet that Chavis is one of those self motivated types that has the intesity required - hence the good defense.

The on field product is a reflection on Miles and I am no longer impressed.

The product is the sum of all the parts in football talk - Offense, Defense and Special Teams, not a knock on our guys. Our players are saving us week in week out.