Is the secondary in big trouble this year?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by olVENICEdog, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Impromtu, something like this:
    1. Offensive Line
    2. Running Back (I know we're loaded, but injuries you know...)
    3. Quarterback (only because we just don't know who will play)
    4. Defensive Line
    5. Secondary
    6. Wide Reciever

Just for the record, I'm not really that concerned about QB at all. I know we'll get good play regardless of who is at the helm. In fact, I'm not really too worried about any of these areas...we're f'ing L-O-A-D-E-D. I'd even say I'm not worried about the last 3 one bit.

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Runningback is my main concern due to injury. Miles likes to pound the ball, and we're in position now where we could have a lot of snaps going to players that have no experience. I just really hope nothing happens to Hester & all 3 (4 counting Korte) of those ACL injuries heal before the season.

Offensive line, mainly center-QB exchange & depth, are a major concern. And linebackers are a concern as we will be seeing some youth there, but they seem to have been developing the linebackers pretty nicely.

Wide Receiver... not so much of a concern as just a curiosity issue about whether they will reach their potential. They won't be a liability again, but I sure hope they can play up to their abilities because it would make our offense a lot better.

Quarterback - I'm a little worried that JaMarcus won't be fully healed for the beginning of the season. Judging by Miles' comments, they aren't as sure as they used to be that he would be completely healed. I'd be okay with any of the 3 being the starter, but I'd rather them earn it than due to injury.

I think our Dline is going to be right about where they were last season - aka, awesome.

3. Contained Chaos

Yeah, but fortunately, as has been stated on here before and as we all know, RB is the one position where experience isn't crucial for success. Just look at the freshman campaigns of JV or even Adrian Peterson.
    I think they will. I really think that the Peach Bowl helped them tremendously in terms of confidence and 'hitting their stride.' Plus, LaFell is said to remind many of Rany Moss. And I really think that Doucet will have a great year now that he knows the position much better.
    Totally agreed. We're so deep with freaks up front that I'm really not to concerned about it. Dorsey is going to bust some freaking heads. He explodes off the line about as quick as Wroten. Look the hell out is all I can say.

4. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Oline is the biggest and only real concern IMO. As we have seen in the past these guys don't have to look good on paper to be a good group, but yet when they look like an experienced solid group they play horrible. Last season was awful from the Oline, and they shoud have been one of the best groups out there. They just didn't get it done, until the Peach Bowl of course.

Hopefully things get better this year. If not it won't matter that we have three injured RB's or who is playing Quarterback.

I think we have the talent in place, just need to get them all on the same page.

5. Contained Chaos

I think if the OL can significantly reduce the penalties from last year (to a reasonable level), they'll be Ok.

6. MemphisLSUTiger

MemphisLSUTiger Founding Member

Were the LBs and DBs blitzing at all in the "spring game"? I doubt it, especially with one QB already injured.

It is real easy for a major college qb to rack up big yards in a scrimmage when the D isn't pressuring him. Even against a good secondary.

7. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

I think you have been moderating to hard you need a rest. LSU played a game on the same day that the basketball team had a game and you might have missed it. It's ok we don’t expect you to see everything.

8. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

It wasn't a game. It was a controlled scrimmage. To say 300 yards in a game is completely misleading. It was not a 60 minute four quarter game in which 300 passing yards would be alarming for the defense to give up.

Oh and it's ok, we don't expect you to see anything.