is there accountability?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by roynav, Nov 25, 2015.

1. roynav

roynav free your mind

There was accountability for Les. He and his coaches inability to recruit and develop QBs has cost him his job.

What about Ronald Anderson? Any Board of Supervisor member has no business blabbing to the media on or off the record about Les's job status. Will he be held accountable? No consequences?

Tiger Athletic Foundation. According to the Picayune, they are the real force behind what has transpired. Alleva is not strong enough to keep them in line. They've been the ones most running their mouths and backstabbing Les in the media, off the record. Instead of a coaching change being handled gracefully, in private, with as minimal a negative impact on the program and LSU as possible, they had to make this a circus. Any accountability for TAF? Consequences for handling this like bumbling yahoos?

Are lessons learned so that it is handled better next time? And if its bad right now, imagine what it will be like if Les's replacement isn't considered an upgrade or has a crappy first season with what should have been a NC contending team.

didit, tzanghi, StaceyO and 2 others like this.
  2. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

From what I have gleaned over several articles and credible posters here, most of TAF members have supported CLM for years, and some still do now. They have asked him to change, and hoped he would, when he has changed numerous OCs. But, he hasn't. I would be more upset about their actions if I didn't agree with them, or felt they were acting irresponsibly. I haven't seen any TAF member come public, and if one of them happened to answer some reporter w/a mic in his face, then that was likely a rogue/reactive moment. Regarding, the BoS members comment, that was uncool, but isolated. In fact, to my mind, I've been surprised at how little the athletic leadership has said publicly. Time to let it go. When they name a new HC, the healing will begin and all will be fine.

Rouxleaux and Bengal B like this.
  3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Good God Kathy, give it a break! Go fix Les a sandwich.

lsu-i-like and SaintSlidell like this.
  4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

The silence, at this point, is more damaging than talking about what is going on. I don't think anyone can really suggest this hasn't been handled poorly by the BoS and Alleva.

And what of the insinuations that Alleva has been undermining Miles for over a year when he (essentially) got rid of Chavis, low-balled Miles on his DC hire with Steele (we were wondering WHY Miles hired someone with such a shaky resume), and not giving Cameron a vote of confidence.

These were all ways to undermine Miles and create division/unrest within his staff. Assistant coaches get very tentative when a coach is on the chopping block. My dad was offered the OL coaching job twice at LSU. Charlie Mac called him before the 1979 season, and Jerry Stovall called prior to his last year. My dad felt it was best to stay in the high school ranks and not lose his job after a season.

5. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Please, this is the mother of all straw man arguments. The ability to produce an NFL caliber QB is irrelevant to the ability to develop a capable, competent QB at the college level.
    Tim Tebow is among the greatest college QBS of all time. Where is he now? Moonlighting as an analyst while desperately trying to make a practice squad?

lsu-i-like, islstl, Rouxleaux and 3 others like this.
  6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Doesnt matter how Alleva handled this, he's in a no-win situation. Tough decisions are made by tough men as said previously. If he ends up landing Jimbo or Chip Kelly, they will have done their job and be redeemed.

Option C will be a loss with a second tier guy. But Les is out and we will get behind guy we hate regardless who it is. But like a teenage child with a new step parent its not going to be an easy transition before they earn our trust.

Cant wait to see Mullen addressing our fan base.

[​IMG]

lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. TwistedTiger

And with so many NFL players from LSU, we shouldn't be getting blown out by Arkysaw every year time for a new coach.

lsu-i-like and Richdog like this.
  8. TwistedTiger

That's it, I'm not liking anymore of your posts!

kluke and didit like this.
  9. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

Don't need an NFL caliber QB, just an NCAA capable one that can complete forward passes and demonstrate development. And you're talking about the same national media who have spit on the guy time and time again. Yep, those are the talking heads I really give a shit about.

Step off the ledge for a moment. This isn't the biggest clusterfuck and no one has lost control of anything.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

you know when you get that little bag of fish and you set them in your aquarium in the bag so they can adjust to the temp. Im trying to mentally prepare us for our BoS bag of idiots.

its just we're the fish.

lsu-i-like likes this.