is there accountability?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by roynav, Nov 25, 2015.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Can you pour a little tequila in the bag please?

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

On second thought, you're right. Your argument isn't a straw man, it's a non-sequitur.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  3. TwistedTiger

Not the future NFL players on the roster now or how about the ones we had playing in last year's beat down?

lsu-i-like, Richdog and tirk like this.
  4. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

I really don't give a shit about what some talking head journalist has to say about LSU's program. He isn't connected to it, has no emotional attachment to it, and gives less than a damn about it or the current head coach. The only thing skewed is his objectivity and your refusal to see what's right in front of your face. Not trying to be a dick, but if you're satisfied with the state of the program, then I don't know what else to say.

5. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

So let's try a thought experiment for the sake of discussion. You're Joe Alleva. It's the Tuesday after the Arky game and Rabalais comes out with his source that says Les is coaching for his job. Let's assume you and the whole AD have nothing to do with this leak. You have a demoralized and pissed off fan base and fat cat boosters. How do you handle this situation in a way that satisfies them, as well as puts out the wildfire of rumors about Les' job security?

6. roynav

roynav free your mind

Mrs. Alleva, tell your hunny bunches he better not mess up the HC search. Word is Jimbo is the guy, but blabbermouths let the news get out there 10 days early and give Florida State a ton of time to pressure him to stay and round up $$$ for a raise. Tell your dear John Henry that loose lips sink ships. Your cuddle bunny may or may not have been the blabbermouth, but it was his job to keep this under wraps.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. TwistedTiger

If I was Mrs Alleva, Orgeron would be HC this Saturday. Now get back to sucking Miles dick!

lsu-i-like and Richdog like this.
  8. TwistedTiger

Name an interim head coach.

9. roynav

roynav free your mind

Fantastic post. That's why I've never liked Tigerdroppings, one is more likely to find quality posts here. Interesting point about SEC QBs in the NFL. Johnny Football probably won't be there long. Kleinpeter leaves out Mett because Les only got him because Georgia let him go, which is a bogus excuse. He also said its the boosters leaking all the info and the administration has kept this quiet; Conveniently overlooking Ronald Anderson.

I happen to think it was time for Les to go (but not like this), but recognize a strong case can be made that firing him is idiotic. I fear LSU had a better shot at the NC next year with him, than with a new coach. He's too damaged now to stay. Yes, these forums probably attract a certain type of fan and aren't representative of the fan base as a whole. Definitely more know-it-all's, armchair geniuses and opinionated people in the forums. The overall IQ is probably higher among the general fan base, certainly in the case of Tigerdroppings.

TeamofSavages likes this.
  10. roynav

roynav free your mind

Perhaps. On the other hand one could argue a NFL caliber QB should be VASTLY more effective if developed and used properly than a good college QB that has zero chance of an NFL career. The problem may be that a pro style passing QB takes a huge amount of grooming and development, not just of him but the entire offense, so its far easier to go with the more readily available athletic QB that doesn't necessarily have the skill set to be a classic drop back passer.