is there accountability?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by roynav, Nov 25, 2015.

1. roynav

roynav free your mind

These Arkansas losses have been sticking in my craw. Doesn't help when the team plays them after a tough Alabama loss. The next coach needs to be more of a disciplinarian than Les was and kick ass when the team loses focus.

2. roynav

roynav free your mind

National ridicule damages the brand. Can make it harder to recruit. 2 decommits already and counting. Gump fans in heaven watching all this. To say nothing of Les deserving a more dignified exit. If you think this has been handled well.... dude...

didit and StaceyO like this.
  3. roynav

roynav free your mind

I'm in the time for Les to go camp. In my view a strong case can be made for this reasoning. But an excellent case can also be made for why Les should stay. If you can't recognize that smart, reasonable, high expectation LSU fans would want Les to stay, then you have blinders on.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It would have been stupid 2 or 3 years ago and even last year. But now the time has come. The reality is that Les has become stale in his stubborness and he isn't going to be influenced by anybody who wants him to stay but change his leather helmet offensive philosophy. At this point keeping him would just perpetuate the slow slide into mediocity.

Maybe they don't go to message boards but the do use the internet, read the newspapers and listen to sports talk shows.

I'll take the under on that and go all in.

Agreed but it's not going to happen. Alleva will be judged on who he hires to replace Miles and while I don't know anything about Ron Anderson he must be very wealthy as well as politically connected. Otherwise he wouldn't be on the BoS. Only way he is ousted is if the incoming governor wants him out.

lsu-i-like and Rouxleaux like this.
  5. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

A change is needed, but it is at the AD spot.

StaceyO likes this.
  6. roynav

roynav free your mind

I'm assuming you also mean the story is true? If so, then the boosters must have been huddled with Alleva and gotten their info from Alleva. So, if I'm Alleva and I've decided to involve my moneybags boosters in the process, I have a meeting with only the key boosters. In the room for this meeting are my two Shaq-sized aides, Guido and Trigga. Guido drools and has a lead filled rubber hose in his hand. Trigga has wrap around shades on and a tailored suit, with something bulky under the jacket. With Godfather themed music playing lightly in the background I look at the boosters and start a conversation that begins "My friends, I am a reasonable man. But..."

lsudolemite likes this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Chavis was offered a raise without the clause in the contract that he would be paid the full amount if Miles were for any reason to leave. This is probably standard in the business because any new coach is going to want to hire his own staff. I believe that Chavis was tired of having to have the defense carry the team with little help from the offense.

I always wondered why a successful high school coach would stay in HS rather than try to advance himself by moving up to the college ranks. Especially to a high profile place like LSU. The pay is much higher and once you are established as an assistant at a major college your next job is likely to be at another major college. Almost all coaches who lose their jobs turn up somewhere else with a good job. Maybe if your Dad had taken the job under Stovall the O line would have blocked better and the team would have won more games and Stovall would have coached longer.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

All moneybag boosters consider themselves to be key boosters.

Moneybag boosters can afford meaner and badder goons than an AD can.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'll sleep with the fishes if she is a hot looking fish

10. roynav

roynav free your mind

WILD BOYS! Footbah! Greatest video of all time. Train wreck.