is there accountability?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by roynav, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Perple

Perple Founding Member

2. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

3. Perple

Perple Founding Member

So basically, just like this entire board?

Thanks for weighing in from North Carolina, the epicenter of all LSU decision making.

TheWant, roynav and TeamofSavages like this.
  4. roynav

roynav free your mind

Perhaps you sped-read the article? He uses the word quietly in the 6th paragraph. Quietly is the key to the whole article. He doesn't say Les should stay. He says "not this way."

Perple likes this.
  5. ParadiseiNC

Actually, I'm weighing in from New Orleans where I have been all week reading local insight. Thanks for your Thanksgiving kindness though. Btw, while you're attempting to call me out for commenting on LSU from NC, you offer some key journalism from a reliable site for good LSU info? Way to go:rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
    alfredeneuman likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Maybe they have television and the internet in North Carolina now. He sees the same things on his TV as I see on mine.

lsu-i-like and StaceyO like this.
  7. Perple

Perple Founding Member

And yet, he was dismissive of "Outsider" National sportswriters. Do they have TV's too?

roynav likes this.
  8. ParadiseiNC

Well, the writer is an outsider with no ties to LSU who is buying into the reactive party line that LSU is spoiled, and we are parting ways with a coach that's won 10 games a season, blah, blah, blah. I, on the other hand, have actually watched every game, and been in attendance for some games, over Les' entire tenure. I have endured the ups and downs, and seen our run-first offense that can't pass, esp. when it needs to. I wasn't simply being dismissive. I read just about every article related to LSU that I can, I am on this forum religiously, and, not to mention, I actually attended the University, where I went to every game '85-89. This includes incredible teams fielded by Arnsparger, that even when they lost, while I was personally crushed, I was proud about how hard we played and fought. I was there in person for the Miami blowout, and several Bama blowouts, and multiple AUB games where RBs came to TS to make their names. So, I think I come here with an educated and invested opinion. That writer, not so much, but I appreciate you posting it so that we are privy to national perceptions. It's worth knowing about. Have a good Thanksgiving.

9. roynav

roynav free your mind

From what you write it doesn't appear like you actually read the article. Perhaps you had preconceived notions what it said, so didn't actually read it? The writer doesn't make any of the points you quote. He says if you want to fire him, fine just not like this. He ends with "He might not be the right man for the job going forward, but this isn’t the way to treat him on the way out." A sizeable percentage of the Tiger nation agree with that sentiment and you probably do too.

Anyway, happy thanksgiving to all. We've so much to be thankful for.

10. ParadiseiNC

Read post #47 where I comment on paragraph #6, and the rest of the article. Like I said, he's an outsider saying that if CLM changed his ways, and how LSU should have handled it, etc, etc. That's been hashed out over and over in multiple threads - CLM has been given multiple opportunities to get his offense out of the stone ages, has gone through 5 OCs (Fisher, Crowton, Krag, Stud, and Cam), and it's the same basic offense. He's stubborn. He won't change. Wha more do you need?. If you read all 3 of my responses and not just this one, you would have known that.