Is there any way we can make the USC crying backfire on them?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DarkHornet, Dec 11, 2003.

1. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Is there anyway we can make sure that this becomes so big of a distraction to the team that they won't concentrate on Michigan and lose the Rose Bowl? I know they may be doing a good enough job of that right now by themselves, but any help we could provide would be great :)

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I don't know of any but if they keep this up I'm sure they will
    lose.

Michigan's team isn't a slouch and they are a legitimate top 5
    team unlike usc

3. TigerLicks

TigerLicks Founding Member

Just keep telling them how great they are- media and all. This will come back and bite the media on the ass if Michigan wins, which is a great possibility.

4. Fly

Fly Founding Member

Hey I really think Michigan will take care of them.

5. tigerlaw

tigerlaw Founding Member

Just think about it. Michigan has both the best O and the best D USC's seen all year. How can USC be talking the ways its been when they still gotta face these guys? Saban wouldn't let that happen.

6. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Saban didn't just get screwed out of a NC shot by a team that can't even win it's own conference ...

I gotta admit ... it's still better over on this side of the fence ;) ... even if we only have a lil' OKLA deposit or two in here .... gd it, fly ... you still buzznnnn round here. Gettin my gd flyswatter!

7. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

Right now, all the talk out here is about the polls and being #1 after Michigan. But there is very little talk about the actual game. If Michigan could ever go into a game as the forgotten underdog, this is their chance.

Pete is a good coach so I doubt he will let his players lose sight of the season's goals, but the news/radio shows are 24/7 poll talk. Michigan is a good solid team, that will not give up 40 pts. The only way to shut up SC is for them to lose the Rose. If they win, it will be unbearable for me and any other Tigers fans out here on the West Coast.

One good thing is that for all the talk about being happy with the Rose, the players felt differently. In interviews Pete was saying that they were proud to represent the PAC 10 in the Rose, but the players were saying they wanted Sugar and felt shafted. One player was asking reporters if they would get a trophy. I have to admit, Pete is a master with the media, he has everyone calling the Rose Bowl the NC and that this team will be #1 after the bowls.

So the team might not be as focused on Michigan, as they would be without all this vote/polls/BCS stuff going on.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

We should take the high road and ignore the USC situation. Our policy ahould be that the Rose bowl is a sideshow.

It's a long time to January 4. Attitudes will swing. Let the Trojans come off like crybabies who want the rules changed when they don't get what they want.

More articles are pointing out that LSU and Oklahoma have played more ranked teams and higher ranked teams. This trend will continue. If LSU beats Oklahoma it will have finished the season by beating TWO top-5 teams. Can you say "leapfrong to number one over USC?". Only a dozen AP voters have to change their minds.

9. Tiger Lady

Tiger Lady Freshman

I love it. Let USC and their marketers in the media fly higher and higher on whatever it is they smoke out there. There are a couple of things at work in the universe called reality and gravity. When USC comes face to face with reality(Michigan) on Jan. 1, they'll then provide the nation with a demonstration of the sffects of gravity as they will crash big time. You think they're crying now? I can hardly wait!!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

10. LSU

LSU Founding Member

Someone could always design a website showing how USC does not deserve the Sugar Bowl or a split of the national title if LSU wins.

When Texas blows out Washington State, USC will not be able to claim wins over any top 20 teams. Has there ever been a team that has claimed a national title with no wins over top 20 teams?!