Is there anyone out there.......

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by 65Grad, Oct 10, 2010.

1. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

other than CLM and maybe JJ's mother that thinks that JLee shoudn't be the starting QB.:wave:

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I dunno anymore.

It worked last night.

I mean it REALLY worked.

The psychology of this game you can't measure in stats and quarterback ratings. I think Lee coming off the bench is exactly what he needs to calm down and play within himself.

I would like to see Lee take more possessions.

Starting Jefferson isn't all that bad an idea it seems.

3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

6 & 0. If it ain't broke, don't try and fix it.

4. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I think both QB's what this team needs to produce a valid offense. The last two games seem to prove that.

5. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I agree it take a lot of pressure off both guys. Keeps them both in the game.

Not ideal but what we have it is what it is. I say keep it.

6. shere khan

shere khan Founding Member

It doesn't seem to matter to them (JL & JJ) who starts. They both know that they will play and neither one of them last night put their own want to start above the team. The comentator made what I thought was a good observation, neither one of them tried to hit the home run and prove anything in order to get more playing time. They tried to the best of their ability to execute the play and/or plan. They both made mistakes, but they both also played valuable minutes. Face it we have a two-back system that works. I'm assuming JJ looks great in practice but can't translate it to games. JL is more instinctive and looks good in games instead of staged practice. What I saw last night was a package that worked for both. So, to answer your question, I don't care who starts. I care who wins. And just in case it means anything to you, JL played better in my opinion. It also looks like he earned more confidence in the coaches as he was the one in the game for the final plays in the redzone. That had been JJ area. Or maybe Les actually learned from his mistake and didn't switch at the last minute. Of course all of that would mean that Les actually did something right.

1 person likes this.
  7. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I like the fact, that they both congratulated each other after they scored on respective drives. It seemed pretty genuine how they shook hands a few times. I dont care who starts, shyt is working. Without either one of those guys, we lose that game.

8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I agree. We were sorely lacking a QB for the first 4 games. Now, we have 2 guys that seem as if they might equal a QB. If that's what it takes to stay unbeaten, so be it. Our offense is waking up, and in fact, has bailed us out at the end of the past two games.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I also believe that having Lee come in off the bench takes alot of pressure off of him. Seriously this offense should run like it did in 07, with Lee being your Matt Flynn and JJ being your Perrilloux, but have Jefferson start with the running game.

I do believe that Lee should be in on 3rd and long, and I also believe that LSU MUST start throwing the ball some on 1st down. 17 out of 18 first down plays were runs, I love the commitment to the run but that is a little ridiculous.

Other than that, the offense is fine. If I would have told you when Lee got knocked out of the Ole Miss game almost 2 years ago, that in 2010 Jarrett Lee would be the spark that ignited LSU's offense, you would have said I was a lunatic. Well you may still think I am a lunatic but Jarrett Lee is the spark this offense needed.

10. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

It would be great if that's a sign the offense is gellin' together, esp. when it is not the case for one QB trying to outshine the other one to win over the starting job, and the other trying to make plays while looking over his shoulder.