Is this a letdown week?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DarkHornet, Nov 14, 2003.

1. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I think all Bama fans hoping we are overlooking them will be sorely surprised Saturday. Everything I've read anywhere has indicated:

1) Nick Saban is taking Alabama very seriously. He thinks they are the best 4-6 team in the country.

2) LSU has had an excellent week of practice. This is a problem from the Florida game. It was said the team didn't practice well that week. It has also been said that LSU has had wonderful practices since the Florida game, and we see the results on the field in the games thus far.

3) As much as they are denying it, there is too much of a revenge factor for this to be a letdown game. I'm sure a lot of players took the classless acts last year personally.

So I think if Alabama beats us this weekend, it will not be because of a letdown. That said, I love LSU's chances this weekend. Enough to say I'd probably take LSU even with the spread.

2. vatidefan

vatidefan Founding Member

If you don't take a conf. rival in their stadium serious than your stupid and Coach Saban is not stupid. You'll be ready and so will we.

RTR!

3. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

I don't think this is a letdown week at all, I think this is a statement game. I believe LSU is ready and will come out looking to send a message to ole miss who will be at home watching, as well as the media. I am in no way attempting to disrespect Bama, but too much is on the line for the Tigers to not be ready for this game.

I expect Alabama to come out and play hard, but talent and depth will eventually take over in this game.

LSU 38
    Bama 13

4. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

I think this could be a hard game, but I just laugh when I hear that "Alabama is the best 4-6 team in the country." Well ofcourse they are, but who cares? The other 4-6 teams are Troy State, Ball State, BYU, Texas A&M, Kent State, UAB, Arizona State, Colorado, Western Michigan, and Tulane! Not exactly the top echelon of college football.

5. vatidefan

vatidefan Founding Member

My guess is a lot of people care. The games going to be a tough one.

RTR!

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I'm hoping that the silly Florida loss has cured this team of overlook and letdown disease. It surely cured me.

7. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

No joke. Personally, I'm kind of grateful to Florida. It was a good wakeup call.

8. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

me too, red.....me too;)

9. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

What's a letdown game? Florida who? Our focus is on the next game, not anything in front or behind us.

LSUs sights are squarely set on BD Stadium and the pink elephants. Geaux Tigers!!!:D

10. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

I was only agreeing that I had been cured of the overlook & letdown disease.

I'm with you, I believe the tigers are focused entirely on the elephants.

One game at a time!!