Is this a letdown week?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DarkHornet, Nov 14, 2003.

1. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

That was a tongue and cheek for ya Dabbs. For old times sake...:D

Halloween's gone and we are still on the same wagon...Look out!:shock:

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

It certainly was a wake-up call, but I don't know if I would classify it as "greatful"....had it not been for that game, we'd be 9-0, and uncontested as the #2 in the BCS right now.

A lot of us have complained (myself included) about USC and OSU being ranked ahead of us dispite our single loss coming vs a top-15 team, but the fact is: WE DID IT TO OURSELVES!

We allowed USC and OSU to pull out in front of us. We allowed Florida to come in to our house, and beat us because we were NOT prepared.

This whole season, from the get-go, has been IN OUR OWN HANDS. Poor SOS, or not--If we had won on Oct. 11th, we'd be #2. Now we need some help.

What we DON'T need help in, is reaching the SEC title game. Making it to Atlanta is solely up to us at this point.

Do WE allow another team to represent the West in the SECCG and BCS bowl??? ...Or do we take what's ours to lose--beginning with 'Bama????

I say we made our mistake for the season, and GIFT WRAPPED a spot in the BCS title game to USC....It's time to take care of business the RIGHT WAY from here on out! "BCS projections" be damned!!!

Like one of my old high school coaches used to say, "If you HAVE to depend on someone else to get you were you want to be, then you should have taken care of business from the beginning and NOT put yourself in a position to rely on someone else."

:geaux:

3. turbotiger

turbotiger Founding Member

I agree that it was a wake-up call, but I am not grateful at all to UF. If the Tigers, who were still learning how to prepare and play hard every week, needed a wake up call I wish we could have at least had a bit of luck like UT had in their worst game in 98. UT beat Ark only because Stoerner fumbled the ball all by himself, but it kept UT undefeated. If LSU had beaten UF with a INT return for a TD and ...say... won with a score something like 14-13, and had experienced the same wake-up call BUT had actually won, then I would be grateful to UF.

That being said I believe LSU will pick up where they left off and hammer the remaining teams we play. I hope we get our luck down the road by some teams losing!

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

If we are MNC and BCS contenders, then the words letdown or looking ahead better be banished from our vocabulary.

I know our coach doesn't believe in taking anyone lightly. To take a team lightly is to lose, and we have zero margin for error.

Geaux Tigers! Show Bama who their daddy AND their momma is!

5. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Go Stacey...Its your birthday...

6. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

Must be a change in the weather:D :D You know, it must be the Thanksgiving spirit & all!;)

7. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

No Let-down this week guys, Nick is too good a coach to let
    that happen twice in the same season.

Especially,
    After losing to Alabama 31-0 last year, a game that I watched
    and I had forgotten about it, so I was shocked a week ago
    when I went to last years schedule to check it out because I
    thought the post that was here was wrong.

Especially,
    After the Fran wouldn't shake Saban's hand.
    I know Fran's gone, the guy had NO CLASS, he didn't even say
    bye to his players.

LSU People still remember that incident though.

I see an Ass-whipping for Alabama, there QB's are hurting and
    tomorrow won't be any easier.

LSU 49 Bama 0