Is this email about comments Saban made on the radio true?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by sneakyd, Jan 30, 2007.

1. sneakyd

sneakyd Founding Member

I received an email that Nick Saban made these comments on an Alabama talk radio show with Paul Finebaum. I can't believe he would really say those things. He seemed a more polished public speaker than this. Does anyone know?

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I edited out the false statements in your post. Simple answer: No, not triue.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

We have two issues at play here.

Apparently WNSP Sports radio in Mobile has been playing a clip of Saban making some comments after his press conference. The legitimate media have not gone with it because it was off the record. The remark was reportedly not that big a deal anyway. It will come out in time, no doubt. Right now this is a no story--unsubstantiated rumor.

Now the second issue, this e-mail memo that has been going around is an internet spoof of Sabans remarks. Like that "transcript" of him addressing his team about Alabama a few years ago. The memo is way over the top, pure DJ stuff and no coach is going to put out bulletin board material like that. Surely not Nick Saban.

This e-mail memo is fairly obvious internet bullchit and possibly slandererous. Right now this is nothing for Tiger fans to get upset about. Someone is apparently pulling our chains. Remember how foolish the Bamafans that bought the last internet rumor looked? It led up to Francione not shaking hands with Saban after the game.

4. G-LSU

G-LSU Founding Member

once again red is the voice of reason!
    :geauxtige :geauxtige
    :geauxtige :geauxtige

5. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

how is a clip of someone saying something an unsubstantiated rumor? It might be a no story, but if he said it whether it's on or off the record it's not a rumor.

6. USMTiger

USMTiger Founding Member

What did he say?

7. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I got that email yesterday and have 2 friends in mobile listening to WNSP today but neither have heard a thing. The Finebaum part is completely fabricated. I suspect arbarn started this.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Well, there is no audio clip available to link to. There is no transcript of it published by any media outlet that I know of. The radio station website has nothing about it. It could be a bogus story. It's just an internet rumor until someone goes on the record.

I'd say if Finebaum or Guilbeau haven't published anything on it, there is a reason why.

9. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

That makes more sense... when you used the term Apparently I assumed the clip actually existed.

Look at red starting rumors!

10. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

Saban, while eating his breakfast, noticed that his Cheerios were stale. He reportedly turned to his wife and said, "these Cheerios suck as bad as LSU!"

What a jerk!