Is this Matt Mauck's last year in FB? Great article

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ramah, Oct 4, 2003.

1. ramah

ramah Founding Member

2. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

I think it's great that he's thinking beyond going to play pro ball.

3. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I think he'd rather not sit on the bench or play "nomad" in the NFL. He probably wouldn't be a top pick and would go from team to team trying to latch on somewhere. I think he is a smart kid who would rather go to dental school and have a successful dental practice...As for him leaving early, I really hope not...

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Great Article... If we lost Mauck that would be tough from a leadership standpoint and an experience stand point.

However - Lets all be honest here. All of us are chomping at the bit to see those two Freshman we got. Also our schedule next year is flat out brutal

At UGA
    At Auburn
    At Florida
    At Arkansas

What better schedule then to see what those kids can do.

but thats next year.

5. SpringTiger

SpringTiger Founding Member

Good article - thanks for posting the link, ramah. I think the last sentence is very telling: "Depends on how this year goes, I guess." If LSU were to win the MNC this year, then he's gone. If not, then he'll have a tough decision to make.

I think I kinda know where he's coming from. Back in 1977, I dropped out of LSU with only one semester to my credit and was out for three years. When I returned to school, I felt so much older than all my peers and felt like I needed to hurry through so I could get on with my life, etc. It seems silly now, but I definitely had a "times a wastin" mentality. Of course, I wasn't leading a championship contending football team!

:geaux:

6. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

You can work the rest of your life, you can only play football at LSU for four years.