Is this stretching it a bit!?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BayouBengal, Oct 5, 2003.

1. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Here is a total hypothetical situation:

Texas beats #1 OU
    #5 FSU beats #2 Miami
    Syracuse beats #4 Va Tech
    Wisc beats #3 Ohio State
    #6 LSU beats UF

And that would make FSU #1 and LSU #2:D Ah its nice to dream aint it.

2. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Texas will NOT beat Oklahoma...

Vincent Young will be seriously limited by that ankle injury (Did anyone else MARVEL about his ankle elasticity levels? That was a GREUSOME injury that he just taped up and went back in on!), and the vote of no confidence that Mack Brown gave to Chance Mock when he brought an injured Young back in to spark the offense will come back to haunt the Teasips.

If Young is limited, Mock's confidence and mental state will go from Zero to Chris Simms in 0.4 seconds against the Okie's...

It'll be deja vu all over again for the Roscoe look-a-like from Dukes of Hazzard, otherwise known as Mack Brown...

My scenario is that Ohio State will lose-possibly to Wisconsin, and most probably to Michigan as well (they'll sack up after the loss to Iowa, book it)...

Va Tech will go unscathed till Miami, which will be smarting from the FSU spanking, who will then sack up and lay a beatdown on Virginia Tech.

We'll be in the Top 3 if we win out...Book it, Dano...If we can win the SECCG, we will play for the national title...But, we need to focus on Florida for now...Leave that talk for later...

If we beat Florida, there is no way that we are not in the Top 5 after Saturday, because either FSU or Miami will drop out. From there, we need to again take it week week.

The SOS hit that we took with UF's loss will be made up for with Ole Miss' win and Auburn's victory as well.

3. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Blah, Blah, Blah .... told you dudes about Auboob .... and you still don't watch polls.

Both new polls are out ... ALL THE NEGATIVE LSU TALK BY THE MEDIA ... has dropped LSU further behind a VT team ... THAT DIDN'T EVEN COVER THE SPREAD AT RUTGERS, LOL.

NO RESPECT FOR LSU .... I PRAY THE FOLLOWING HAPPENS:

1. THE MEDIA KEEPS THIS "NO RESPECT" CRUD UP FOR THE REST OF OCTOBER.
    2. AUBOOB KNOCKS OFF ARKANSAS TOO
    3. TWO OR THREE OF THE TOP 5 TEAMS LOSE THIS WEEK, LEAVING LSU at #3 or 4 after a win over FLA.

4. taler8988

taler8988 Guest

Va Tech will never lose to Syracuse or Miami. Miami had a tough enough time against West Virginia. Lsu is having a lucky season playing easy teams.
    National Championship will be Arkansas vs. Va. Tech.!!!!!

5. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

OU looks like an NFL team.... They wont lose a game all year including the National Title game...

As for the Pig that is here. Yeh UGA sure is one easy team.. Man they suck....

6. Tigah Fan

Tigah Fan Founding Member

Our match-up is a long way off. A lot can happen between now and then. Thanks for your opinion, but shouldn't you be focused on Auburn this week? We aren't focused on you...yet

7. SpringTiger

SpringTiger Founding Member

It could happen!

OU is better than Texas, but you never know what will happen in a rivalry game... This could be the year for the horns, since they aren't undefeated and, therefore, there won't be as much pressure on them. Also, OU linebackers dropping like flies eventually has to affect them huh?

FSU should pound Miami. But, again, a rivalry game that could come down to wide left (or right) FG. Either way, a top 5 team goes down.

Syracuse - who knows??? This will be their first real test, though they did get beat by a mediocre Louisville team and struggled to beat an aweful North Carolina team. Not very likely, especially in Blacksburg, but anything is possible any given Saturday...

I expect Wisconsin to beat Ohio St. Wisconsin isn't bad (how the f did they lose to UNLV, though?!), they get the buckeyes at home, and hasn't Ohio St used up about all of their nine lives?!

LSU should beat Florida, but I admit I am a bit nervous. The Tigers better come out strong and play smart and hard for 60 minutes.

I put the o/u on the Tigers ranking next week at 4. I think we'll be at #4. Who says over (1, 2, or 3)? Who thinks we'll be under 4 (ranked 5 or lower)?

:geaux:

8. Tigah Fan

Tigah Fan Founding Member

O.K. taler8988 had a pig helmet next to his name earlier and now it's gone, that's what my above message was about... it could have have been an acid flashback though...Damn college years

9. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

taler8988's privilege to post here has been revoked for his unwillingness to follow simple rules.

10. tigerintn

tigerintn Founding Member

Florida does not scare me as much as I thought they would. I feared that they would come to town with a major R.A.F. (red a@s factor). They, along with their fans, seem deflated. It's almost a shame. While I love beating Florida just as much as the next guy, it's much more fun when they are good and come in with a little swagger. Check out their board (Gator Country). Most of their fans are more motivated by getting Ron Zook fired (rightfully so) than by playing one week at a time and righting the ship.