Is this stretching it a bit!?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BayouBengal, Oct 5, 2003.

1. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

if OU loses they might not drop as far as 6th if all the other teams lose

it will be interesting to see how far the media would drop them in the poll...wouldn't not surprise me one bit if they lose and stayed one spot ahead of LSU...

2. SpringTiger

SpringTiger Founding Member

What do you mean by "all the other teams?" Everyone in the top 25 (or, the higher ranked team of those games involving two ranked teams)??? If that's the case, then, yeah, sure. Not bloody likely, though! IF LSU and Arkansas both win and OU loses, then OU will drop below LSU and Arkansas. If they lose to tu Saturday, OU would have to drop below every undefeated team from a BCS conference (except Minnesota and Nebraska - talk about getting no respect!) in the next poll.

:lsug: 27
    FU 16

:geaux:

3. nuttie

nuttie Founding Member

I really think we(as fans) would be better off if Miami beats FSU. This seems to be FSUs toughest game left, and Miami has at least two loseable games left(pitt and v tech).

4. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

I also hope Miami wins. IF Va. Tech then defeats Miami, I hope the Hokies lose to Pitt. Ohio State will lose either this weekend to Wisconsin or to Michigan. OU's best chance at defeat is against Texas. I hope its Sooners v. Tigers in the Sugar Bowl!

5. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

They also have to play whoever is the North Division champion in the Big 12, (Nebraska at this point). So that could be another chance for a loss.

6. Eauxkie Tiger

Eauxkie Tiger Founding Member

First thing is we have to take care of business and run the table. I f we do that, I think we are in the Sugar. If there are at least 3 undefeated teams (LSU,OU, Va Tech, Miami, or Fla ST), I think OU is left out because of strength of schedule. I know Va Tech, FSU & Miami will sort themselves out, and I guess Ohio State has to be included in the mix as well.

7. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

IF

If we do not beat the crap out of Florida and Ark puts it on Auburn. LSU could be at #6 next week because Ark is going to jump us in the polls.

8. rrarr

rrarr Freshman

Possibly.. hmm can I get a "War Damn Eagle?"

9. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Re: IF

Even if for some reason Arkansas leap frogs us in the polls, we can get it back head to head. I just worry about passing out of conference teams (IE Ohio State, Florida State, or Va Tech)

10. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I try not to play this game but it's hard to ignore with LSU off to the 5-0 start. I'm suprised nobody is even mentioning what would happen if LSU was one of several 1-loss teams hoping to play an undefeated opponent in the Sugar. With past history (other than last year) and the parity of college football these days, I think there is a better than 50% chance of this happening. What do you guys think?

Under this scenario, I would think LSU gets the short end of the stick this year. With our soft non-conference schedule and a 1-loss team (at best) that we'd meet in the SEC Championship game, we probably don't get that #2 spot. I know you get credit for top-10 wins on a sliding scale but we may not have any. If Georgia was #7 when we meet in Atlanta (for example) but we knock them out of the top 10, no credit for us, right? Next year, our schedule is murderous but we'd probably be the best 1-loss team (per BCS) if it came to that. Any thoughts?