Is this true..Lafell with 7 drops

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by jimbeaux, Oct 13, 2007.

1. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

You know it's bad when the announcers are constantly talking about Brandon's drops. I don't know it the freshman are ready since I saw some pretty freshman like mistakes, but somebody needs to step up and start catching the ball. Between MF's misses and receiver drops it makes for a long night.

2. njtigger

njtigger Founding Member

Why doesn't everyone place the blame where it is due? I didn't get to watch it but I understand Lou Holtz gave LSU a pep talk.

3. jt14den

jt14den Freshman

Can't hang it on Lafell or other players. They rolled in bloated and over confident, played sloppy, looked tired, and committed 12 penalties for over 100yrs. To me all of those characteristics should be attributed to bad coaching. The buck stops at Miles big white hat. His kids simply weren't prepared. Maybe he should quit trying to be their buddy and start being their coach. Let them know they aren't that good, go over the rules of the game, get mad when they screw up.

4. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Thanks for joining the forum today...just to slam our coach. You couldn't be more wrong. These guys are like locusts today...

5. mauitiger

mauitiger Founding Member

:dis: Couldn't disagree with you more. Execution has nothing to do with coaching. Execution has nothing to do with being prepared. Had the players executed we would be sitting here talking about a BIG win. The game plan and play calling was sound. Your going to try to tell us that if Lafell catches every one of those 7 passes, that if Zinger catches that TD pass, that if we don't commit stupid personal fouls, If DB's don't fall down and leave receivers open, that we still lose because of poor coaching.

6. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

I am currently confident in neither.

7. jt14den

jt14den Freshman

Execution has nothing do with coaching?

They why practice and prepare a game plan? I think execution has everything in the world to do with coaching: from selecting talented players with character, to teaching them and helping them prepare, to making in-game adjustments. Its most obviously a symbiotic relationship -- why else pay the coach all that do-re-mi? As far back as I can remember, penalties have been connected to coaching. Why? Because it shows a lack of focus and preparation when a team commits a lot of them. Tiredness -- that can also be tagged to coaching. If the coached practiced the team too hard after a hard won battle last week, well that could explain it. If you add all the things together you have a unfocused, tired team. And the coach is responsible and accountable. Of course, the coach can and should hold his players responsible for their sloppy play -- but I was getting tat that by saying he's tries to be their buddies too much.

8. mauitiger

mauitiger Founding Member

Had the players executed we would be sitting here talking about a BIG win. The game plan and play calling was sound. Your going to try to tell us that if Lafell catches every one of those 7 passes, that if Zinger catches that TD pass, that if we don't commit stupid personal fouls, If DB's don't fall down and leave receivers open, that we still lose because of poor coaching

9. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

No Maui, what he is saying is the players are like blank computers for the coaches to program. If Lafell had caught his passes, Zinger, no penalties,etc., then it would obviously be due to good coaching. The fact that it didn't happen can only be attributed to bad coaching.

This is a fairly miopic viewpoint and this guy has only joined today and slammed the team/coaches. I doubt his sincerity.

10. LSUguy31

LSUguy31 Guest

I think you're right. I hated to see LSU get the #1 ranking only because of the complacency it causes. Now that we've lost it hopefully it'll light a fire under our teams butts. I think the biggest downfall for our sputtering offense right now has been the injury to our #1 reciever Duecett. But Lafell has got to make those catches. He's had too many dropped passes in key situations that would extend our drives. This concern has got to be addressed and find an answer to otherwise our passing game will be in huge trouble. Not all of the dropped passes were Flynn's fault. But I am also concerned about the conservative play calling. It's no question what we're running when perilloux comes in. I'd like to see more of his arm like we did the 1st few weeks of the season. I think we'll go undefeated in the West and get to Atlanta... but if we don't fix some issues quickly our season could be over.