Is "thug" the new "n-word"?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by mobius481, Apr 29, 2015.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

http://www.vox.com/2015/5/19/8620357/waco-biker-shootout-race

Here's an article that everyone on here will call bullshit, even though it's just pointing out real shit.

You need to get out more.. :)

2. LaSalleAve

Lol, I'd be anti my family if that were the case.

tirk likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You are right and wrong. I call it bullshit and its doesn't point out anything other than the writers slanted point of view. Both the rioters and the bikers are thugs whether anybody uses the word thug or not.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

No, its not real at all, it is a bunch of idiots that really don't understand anything and they are a major part of the problem in this country.

Some bikers got in a shootout and killed some folks. Tragic, it always is when people die. Here is the real story and the difference that these idiots aren't putting together.

I'm sure the bikers will be arrested if they haven't already, the ones that aren't dead. Lets just say for the sake of argument that one or two of them find that special attorney and find a way out of going to jail. What you will not see is the town of Waco rioting and tearing itself apart at the seams. White on white crime happens all the time, Sandy Hook, Columbine, Va Tech, on and on the Batman dude. It usually happens in places that are ...well, for the lack of a better word, White.

The issue here isn't the violence, it is what happens after the violence. You either handle it like people or like animals.

TwistedTiger likes this.
  5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Only by rival fans trying to piss us off.

6. LaSalleAve

Perception is reality homie. Who's to say they are wrong and you are right? To them they are right to you, you are. It's all opinion anyway.

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

My perception is that you are a racist, so is that now reality?

Bengal B likes this.
  8. LaSalleAve

For you it may be. Good thing I could give a fuck what you think. You should try that sometime.

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Just my .02 but it seems there is some misplaced anger or something like that. The way I see it you are comparing the riots and the things people were saying about the riots to the biker shootout in Waco. Thats apples and oranges bro.

10. LaSalleAve

To you yes. To me, sure I know it's different, but I'm a white guy. I have no idea what it's like to be treated like shit because I'm a certain color, or passed up on a job because I'm a certain color, and I never realized that it was such a bad thing until my wife and I started dating and I could see people talking about us, and pointing fingers, people calling my daughter names, even people in my own family talking in hushed tones looking my wife and my way at family events. This shit is real to a lot of people out there, regardless if you, me or anyone likes it or not. I know it's hard to admit racism still exists but it does, especially in the south, in the media, and in this country. Do people like Al Sharpton help the situation by crying at everything? No, but I still try to be empathetic because I've seen it happen to someone I love and I can't do anything about it. That's a helpless feeling when you can't change something for the woman you love.