Is "thug" the new "n-word"?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by mobius481, Apr 29, 2015.

1. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I have literally seen none of this coverage. Of course, I don't watch Fox News. Here's the thing: These guys have been treated incredibly harshly. The police were stationed at the restaurant because they were concerned a fight might break out. If this happened with a couple of black groups, people would say racism. In reality, it's just common sense. They saw tensions rising and knew these guys were criminals. Now every biker arrested is in jail on $1 million bond. These guys are lowlife thugs but it's a little hard to believe they have enough cause to arrest 170 people and put them on $1 million bond. There are probably a few in there that my have tried to cool things down and are now sitting in jail for days.

Perhaps a lawyer can explain how everyone involved is charged with organized crime. It doesn't make sense to me, not that I'm complaining. They are all definitely gangsters and thugs and belong in jail but it doesn't seem to make sense to me.

2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

clearly, it is by state laws and public nuisance created by firing guns in such a public place on such a large scale.
    im guessing.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I suspect that the police have had eyes on these guys for years but cannot haul them in until they are given reason. This gave them the reason that they needed to haul them in. Until they sort it all out there are all suspects in a murder case. Most will get off with carrying an illegal weapon, pubic fighting, assault and battery, or disturbing the peace. Others will have outstanding warrants served on them. DNA will be collected and may solve some other crimes. But some of these guys will be charged with murder and bunch of them may be charged with conspiracy. They are a criminal gang, so the RICO laws can be invoked against them.

4. mobius481

But just for being there? I mean surely some are going to walk completely right?

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Probably. I doubt any of them were arrested "just for being there" there was a huge brawl in the parking lot and plenty of police on the scene. Most of them can be charged with failure to disperse after being ordered to by the police, resisting arrest, and other smaller crimes.

6. mobius481

Yes, they were certainly thee with bad intentions. It just seems hard to have a solid case against all 170 over the course of a ten minute brawl. But basically, I think you're right in what will happen.

7. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

The police were shooting too. It will be interesting to see how many of the dead are from police or thug biker gangs . You see what I did there. Yes, that will weigh in on the charges.

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Here is the rub, there are everyday Joe's that on the weekends will dress up in character with a leather bandana and a pair of chaps and hit the road on a wide glide. Ever see road hogs?

To portray this incident as being "those guys" is completely disingenuous to the everyday Joe and to the biker gangs.

gyver likes this.
  9. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

The beautiful thing is that I don't need to call anyone a racist. They stand out like a crackhead in church.

red55 likes this.
  10. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

How did this black guy get in on the biker shootout? I thought that this was a whites only crime. I guess that would be considered racist.

[​IMG]