Is TigerForums unfriendly to rival posters?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dplsu, Dec 28, 2003.

1. dplsu

dplsu Founding Member

I've been noticing a recurring theme on other boards that TigerForums is hostile to rival posters. I can't honestly say I totally disagree, although it's only a small number of posters, the squeeky wheels are of course getting the grease.

I personally think that intelligent, non-provoking discussion among rival fans is important to this forum and makes it much more interesting. There are some here, and like I said, only a small number, that would rather insult than respond to the post in an intelligent manner. Why??? It makes us look scared...as though we have no response other than to talk smack. This type of response is not indicative of the job the LSU Tiger Football team has shown on the field and I think we do a dis-service to their accomplishment at times.

I don't mean to tell people what they should post, that's not the point, although many of you will probably take it that way. I'm saying, let's take the higher road unless provoked. Let's be the board that rivals flock to because of the great conversation. We will all benefit from that.

Also, don't think for a minute that the few squeeky wheels on this board are only alienating rival fans. I, and I know of others as well, would love to post more on this forum, it's just really difficult sometimes.

I won't single anyone out because I'm not interested in attacking LSU fans, but credibility is important. It's hard to take people seriously when after the Ole Miss game we were doomed and UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES would we make the Sugar Bowl, yet now we're going to kick OU's behind all over the field.

2. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

You guys aren't too bad. A little harmless smack is always fun.

ramah is a complete jackass though.

If you are ever interested, a good Longhorn site to post on is www.longhornfanzone.com

They do a pretty good job of limiting the flames and out of control smack talk too.

3. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

I want names dplsu....we already know who the smackfather on the board is...who else do you feel lets other fans have it the best?

by the way, most of the TF.com regulars who jump rival fans are provoked before doing so...just look at some post by the following:

southernsportsmedia
    a bunch of ole miss fans (brett can give you names)
    some of the auburn fans
    etc....

I think are members are great, even ramah to an extent.

4. dplsu

dplsu Founding Member

mesquite,
    Don't misinterpret my post. I specifically mentioned "unless provoked." I think a large majority of TF posters are great also. And the point is not to name names, this is not an attack on fellow Tiger Fans. I worded my post very carefully so that it wouldn't come off as an attack.

Let's take SoonerLeigh for example. She has had some great posts on this board but has stated that she will not return. And there are others. I would hate for this board to turn into an LSU love fest where only smack talking rivals come and the whole discussion is degraded into nothing of substance. A certain poster at TF has in his signature something to the effect of "the most boring conversation is one where everyone agrees." And that's what this board will become when intelligent and interesting dialogue is discouraged.

Smack has it's place and yes it's been warranted on several occassions, especially before the Ole Miss game.

Maybe I'm just old school. But I was proud of our teams reputation when I heard Florida players saying how great our football team's attitude is and how they don't talk smack. They prove it where it counts. I think we could do more of the same.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

SoonerLeigh loved it here as long as we weren't playing her Sooners. Now, we are counting down to the NC game and we are fired up. The Sooners are our opponent, therefore our enemy. I have not read anything here the past couple of weeks that should be offensive to anyone. Ramah's posts are smack for sure but they are for the most part well reasoned. He harps on the beating they took from Kansas State and, frankly, they are very sensitive to that right now. This is the kitchen. It get's warm in here.

6. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

There it izzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Am I on a Homer Forum predicting a 42-16 walloping .................

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

That's for punching my timecard, Peabody ... the Night Shift Pit Bull
    is in da' howse.

7. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Mesquite...Never let anyone outside the family know what you are thinking...

8. TigerEducated

...Before I go...Let me add one more response in relation to the crux of this thread...

Tiger Forums is not hostile to any opposing team's fans...

Tiger Forums is hostile to any opposing team's stupid fans...

9. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Yeah, Belushi. Don't tell anyone who the smackfather is ...

I will ... it's TE ... and I have proof. dplsu ... you are right ... and I have been working hard on not allowing myself to be provoked ...

.... proof?

I was called a complete jackass and responded with a simple and less inflammatory "homer" retort ... a big improvement in my netiquette in 2003;) ... can I get some love for this one

10. TigerEducated

Ramah...Don't steal my lines, and I won't retort...

Hey, Ramah...Just remember...I'm not friendly to stupid LSU fan's, either...

;-)