Is today the day that an LSU player thwarts another Manning championship?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by john randolph, Jan 16, 2005.

1. john randolph

john randolph Founding Member

Why does every one hate the Manning Family? Is it because they didn't send their kids to LSU? When Peyton was in school I wouldn't have sent my son to LSU either with who was coaching us at the time. And Eli went to his dad's school so I can respect that too. These boy's are for La. and once they left the college ranks we should pull for them. IMO.

2. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

i dont dislike the manning family, just archie and eli. peyton is OK by me.

3. Richmond Tiger

Richmond Tiger Freshman

:lsup: The Mannings have been overrated for many years. Archie was a good quarterback for Ole Miss and never won the Heisman nor an SEC or National Championship. Archie continued his career as a below par quarterback on some very poor Saints teams where he never won any championship of any type. Cooper got injured and quit the Ole Miss team. He could have stayed and washed the jockstraps if he was really a team player. Peyton was a good college quarterback but never won the Heisman, I don't think Tennessee won an SEC title and no National Championships. Eli was a good quarterback at Ole Miss but following in his father's and brother's footsteps he failed to bring Ole Miss to the promise land and no Heisman. While in the NFL, Peyton has not won the championships. Plus the fact that none of the Mannings have ever done anything positive for Louisiana. Of course, the Mannings have started their "Manning Quarterback Award" for the best college quarterback. I guess to win it you don't have to be a champion. Of the three, Peyton is the best player. I think Eli will be a very good quarterback and maybe one day either Peyton or Eli will win the Super Bowl. Until then, I am tired of seeing Archie sitting the the stands with a look on his face that makes me think he has gas. This is why a lot of people in Louisiana don't like the Mannings.

4. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Actually, Peyton won an SEC championship in 1997.

:lol:

5. Richmond Tiger

Richmond Tiger Freshman

Thanks for the info on Peyton's SEC title. I was not sure if he guided to Vols to the SEC title. Nice to know that out of the four Mannings, at least one has won a title in their league. Geaux Tigers!:geaux:

6. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

No prob.

I don't care too much for the Mannings either, but I think either Eli or Peyton will win the SuperBowl before it's all said and done.

7. JAYDEAUNSTIGAHS

JAYDEAUNSTIGAHS Founding Member

Hope the Pats win.

8. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Ditto....

9. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Is this New England defense for real, or what?? Any time you can hold Manning and the Colts to just 3 points through three quarters, that's quite an accomplishment.

I am constantly impressed by how disciplined and well coached this New England team is. They play with such efficiency and poise. Go Pats!!!

10. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Wow, Kevin Faulk is having a very nice day once again for the Pats. This young man has been such a silent but very effective contributor to the Pats for quite some time now.