Is Toefied 100%?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by chuck, Sep 30, 2002.

1. chuck

chuck Founding Member

I was chatting with some of my LSU brethren and they feel that he is not quite 100% right now. That is the primary reason that Davis is getting a bulk of the carries (which is obviously not a bad thing as he could start for most SEC teams)?

Just intersted in your thoughts . .

2. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Actually, going into the MSU game, they had the same number of carries, 33 a piece. I dont know the exact numbers, but Toefield was averaging something like 7 yards a carry, while DD was averaging a little under 5. Davis played well early, so he got his number called over and over. Toe may not be 100% but he would have easily broken 100 yards if DD hadnt been so hot. I think he ended the game with 80 something yards anyway. I think the coaching staff just wants to ease Toe back into the gameplan. I dont think there is any reason to rush it when we havent needed to.

3. tigerman

tigerman Freshman

Toe/Davis

I think that if Toe is not 100% then he is 95%, and the only part of his game that is down is his cuts (which he doesn't need anyway, just run them over Toe). His speed is not an issue as we saw earleir in the season on his long run. But, one thing I noticed against MSU is that if there is not a hole for Toe to run through than he would not gain much where as Davis was finding the holes all day with his cutback abillity.But I love the combo of power/speed that Toe/Davis give us. Although Toe and Davis are probably all we need I would like to see Addai get more playing time. That boy is itching to see some playing time, just watch him on the sidelines he is always standing right by the coaches trying to get into the game. I honestly think he will be better than both Toe and Davis in the future. But anyway, just imagine how much better our running attack will be if we can learn to throw the ball. All we need is Mauck to throw for 200ypg and we will be perfectly fine. GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!

4. Pitkin Tiger

Pitkin Tiger Founding Member

Checking the stats after the game,

Toefield actually had a few more carries than DD, but not as many yards. I like playing them both as it wears down the defense without either of our guys getting winded. I also saw in the paper where DD and Toe talk together about who is going in the game in certain situations. They don't seem to have a problem with sharing. Now how mature is that?
    Geaux Tigers. Beat USeLess high school!

5. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Yeah, its great that they have that kind of relationship. Personally, I really enjoy seeing them split time the way they are. Not only does that mean that they arent getting tired, but also increases the chances of Toe being back next year. I would like to see DD have a huge year and get a decent draft pick, leaving Toefield and Addai for next year. With the youth in the line, there would be virtually no drop off in the running game.