Is Tub hiding an Irons Injury?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, Sep 13, 2006.

1. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

It's a real stretch to imply CTT is "hiding" an injury to Irons. It was common discussion following the MSU game and was even discussed on this forum on Mon-Tue.

Kenny Irons claimed he was about 90%-95% against MSU because of the groin pull. He's been nursing it, it's better, and he will start/play against LSU. As has been stated, there's plenty of help if needed.

Quite frankly, KI has very little shot at even being invited to NY. Everyone recognizes the Heisman has become a farce - hell, some of those voters don't know diddly about the game but are "political" appointees. Nevertheless, the Heisman has been Brady Quinn's to lose since the networks began hyping him and Notre Dame last season. If Quinn goes down, Peterson is there as the runner-up.

That being said, Irons remains the SEC's leading rusher.

[​IMG]

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

LSU's TEAM leads the SEC in rushing.....

I surely can't take anything away from Irons, he is a great running back. We do have to be careful about saying "Leading rusher" as if to say "Best". LSU has some great ones too but we spread it out more and they won't have the numbers. I like it because it is a team sport and the O line never gets their fair share of recognition when backs put up the numbers anyway. (I'm not a lineman).

Hell, when Emmitt was at Dallas, I could have run through the holes the OL opened some of those years.

Again, all respect due KI, he is tremendous and I hope he doesn't run over us like he did last year- I do believe we will contain him. :helmet: