Is Van Chancellor done?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TwistedTiger, Mar 16, 2011.

1. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

If they wanted to do that, they could have hired any other coach. He was hired because he was the best available coach. His resume is very impressive and worthy of the position.

2. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Who got fired? :rolleye33:

3. 100%TigerBred

100%TigerBred Founding Member

so now that he is gone, lets start the who do we get talk. Any ideas? I would like Baylors coach but think she would be hard to sway. What about for an off the wall canidate Bill Lambieer (sp?), he did wonder with the detroit shock, if he could recruit it might work. It would add toughness and excitment back to our womens team.

4. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Getting recruiting back up to a competitive level with Tennessee should be the first priority, and that doesn't recommend WNBA coaches without recent college experience. I'd like to see a current college coach with a good recruiting track record. With the current state of the program I wouldn't be surprised to see us take a chance on a young up-and-comer, rather than someone established.

5. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

I did not mean that was the only reason they hired Van. Just that he was worth every $ we paid him. Besides his ability as a coach, his reputation helped us avoid some problems.
    :eek:ldskule:

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

He took over a team that had gone to 3 final 4's in a row. Trent took over a program in shambles. Unfortunately Trent has yet to do much, the clock is starting to tick loud.

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Yes and Gary Crowton found a better job. Being reassigned is a nice way to get fired. Van is a class act and being reassigned is a classy way to move him out of the way.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

He's a Hall-of-Famer, they don't come cheap. Pokey left final-four talent and they needed someone with enough experience not to screw it up and it worked. He just ain't the recruiter that he once was.

9. LADYTIGERS!!

LADYTIGERS!! Veteran Member

I say Jim Waltz from Louisville, Kim Mulkey from Baylor, Debbie Ryan from Virginia, and Miami's or Florida State's coach.

10. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

5 in a row