Is Van Chancellor done?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TwistedTiger, Mar 16, 2011.

1. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: I would absolutely love to see Kim Mulkey as LSU's coach. That would be awesome! Unfortunately, don't see her leaving Baylor any time soon. Read where she makes one million a year in Waco and I'm not sure LSU will pay the new coach that much. She also has one of the top programs in the country and her all-world center, Brittany Griner, still has two years left to play. She's got it pretty good right now. Stranger things have happened, but I don't see it happening. :dis: Still gonna keep my fingers crossed and hope she decides to come home though. :LSU231:

2. dudley

dudley oops!

You are probably right but Kim is still miffed about being passed over for head coach at La Tech. and what a Ha Ha moment it would be for her to be named Head Coach at LSU. A little more money might do it if they are willing to pay. Loved to watch her play back when.

uh, a few credentials...

Player Bio: Kim Mulkey - Baylor Bears Official Athletic Site - BaylorBears.com

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

LSU doesn't sell enough women's basketball tickets to hire a million dollar coach right now, I think. We're probably better off with a up-and-coming rising star.

4. 100%TigerBred

100%TigerBred Founding Member

I agree we need a recruiter firts and formost, but just because he coached wnba doesn't mean he cant recruit. He knows what it takes as a player to get to the pro's and win so girls would want to play for him. But, he was just an outside the box thought. i think we go with an established coach either at a big school that might feel under appreciated or at a small school thats been winning. I like Baylors coach as my top pick and for those that say she wouldn't leave think back to duke's womens coach leaving when duke was a top program. Another would be the ex uk coach that left for personal reasons Mickie DeMoss (homegrown) and is now an assistant at Tenn. She had UK on the rise and had upset UT at least twice I believe. There are probably others but those would be my three. In order Kim Mulkey (BU), Mickie DeMoss, Bill Laimbeer.

5. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Good picks. I just don't think we could meet Kim's price, besides the good things she has going on over at Baylor.

6. dudley

dudley oops!

7. LADYTIGERS!!

LADYTIGERS!! Veteran Member

8. dudley

dudley oops!

9. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

You mean other than win a conference title? Anyway, back to the topic, can't help but laugh at those who are pretending they really care how our women's bball program does.

It's a nice bonus to see them do well, but it doesn't make or break our athletic department like the revenue sports do. Really not something you should wring your hands over, gents.

10. dudley

dudley oops!

Well, thank you sir for telling me, or rather TRYING to tell me what I should or should not be interested in. I've followed Girls...oops Women's basketball since my High School days when the little High School I attended fielded a pretty good Girl's basketball team. High School Girl's basketball was always popular in La., but not at the College level until the La. Tech program, led by the aforementioned Leon Barmore came along. Football is my favorite sport but I do follow Women's basketball.

I find it difficult to watch the spitting contests known as Major League Baseball but I'm not going to have the arrogance to tell someone they shouldn't like it.

However, to me this thread is not about Women's basketball...