Is Wells that much greater?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by moraink, Dec 30, 2007.

1. cristof11

cristof11 Founding Member

We've done it all season and it has worked great...If we don't get into some kind of rhythm, how come we're in the top 10 in rushing offense???

2. kcal

kcal Founding Member

compliment

ronnie brown = good back. compliment

compliment

compliment

whining because wells hasn't been complimented enough.... hold on va buckeye, here's more:

compliment

compliment

more whining....gee whiz va buckeye, let it go. we think wells is a good back. we don't think he is the be all, end all that you purport him to be. we'll see in a few days. until then get your panties out of a twist and find something else to rag on.

[

3. VABuckeye

VABuckeye Founding Member

No problem kcal.

I'll admit, I've been more than a little prickly the last day or so. Happens to the best of us. It's that TigerDroppings place. Wears on you after a while.

:)

4. kcal

kcal Founding Member

stick around here and hang out with the adults :)

5. moraink

moraink Founding Member

Beanie is one hell of a running back but I think what we LSU fans are saying is OSU will have to bring more than him because if that is all you have, OSU will be in for a long night. We can talk stats all day long. Wells stats are 254 carries for 1463 yds (5.8 ypc) and 14 TDs. Our main rock carrier (Hester) had 204 carries for 1017 yds (5.0 ydc) and 11 TDs. Looking at that you would think OSU had the upper hand, well not so fast. OSU 523 carries 2408 yds (4.6 ypc) and 20 TDs. LSU 563 carries for 2846 yds (5.1 ypc) and 34 TDs.

O' but you said Wells had a bum ankle for a while. Well so did our QB. Lets look at those stats. Flynn 183 comp/ 332 att for 2233 yds (55.1%) 17 TDs to 10 Ints. Boeckman 176 comp/ 273 att for 2171 yds (64.5%) 23 TDs to 12 Ints.
    But as a whole ... LSU 237 comp/ 415 att for 2980 yds (57.1%) 25 TDs to 12 Ints. OSU 196 comp/ 304 att for 2357 yds (64.5%) 24 TDs to 12 Ints.

Last time I checked football was a team game and the only offensive stat that is better is completion percentage. Granted I would say stat wise OSU's defense is better than ours but if our defense plays the way it did in the beginning of the year, may be a long night for OSU.

But, through all of that, my prediction is a close low scoring game with LSU coming out on top late in the 4th qtr.

6. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Did the name of the forum ot even give you the smallest clue what you were walking in to?!?!

There are posters everywhere you learn to ignore...there are sites out there that fill that role as well.

7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

That's a bit of a stretch, isn't it? Hester is, and has been, the primary back this season. He's rushed the ball over 3X as much as your next player, Williams, and 4X as much as Holiday or Scott. I'd say those players spell Hester, but throwing out a figure like a 5 player rotation at RB isn't exactly an accurate description.

Considering the quote above and the one I copied below, you may also want to take note that the rushing attempts the Illini threw out there this year don't reflect such a disparity from the #1 to the #2 guy.

#11, but what you might want to take note of is Illinios is ranked #5. I know the Illini beat OSU but it does go to show that OSU has faced a stout running game this season. When those two teams met this season Illinois ran the ball over 50 times that game...squeaked out a win by a touchdown.

I see this game resting on the defense...not some of the offensive numbers you've thrown out there.

JMO...

1 person likes this.
  8. cristof11

Congrats on winning the Independence Bowl Terry!!!

I'm so happy for you!!!

9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

That's your comment?

I see in the Tenuta thread you talk about putting the facts out there and then we they are posed to you about a different subject entirely this is where you go?

Come on now...

10. cristof11

Yeah, that's my comment to you, cause somehow I just find it hard to believe that you've seen more of LSU this year than I have...And if you did, then that just keeps showing me how much chaos there is at Bama.