Is Zach Mettenberger really that good?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by vesperiaLSU, Oct 28, 2010.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

How much playing time is Richard Murphy getting? I see Ridley(jr), Ford(RSFR), Ware(Fr) and Blue(Fr) all playing ahead of him. Unless JJ makes tremendous improvement or Mettenberger isn't as good as billed I see JJ playing 2nd string.

2. geneinga

geneinga Veteran Member

You are correct. I hope Y'all lay it on him because I want to see him go to Baton Rouge.

Zach played in a game today to see who represented region 6 at the national JUCO championship game on Dec. 5. His official stats from that game:

24 for 31, 382 yards, 6 touchdowns, and no interceptions.
    He also ran one in from the 10.

He hit every key pass today that he needed to. I have never seen a better performance at any level by any QB. The announcers were gaga over him. He is improving dramatically on a monthly basis, and he hasn't peaked yet. Please don't let this one get away, guys. With the talent y'all have, another NC is definitely within grasp. I held this young man in my arms the day he was born. He is a wonderful kid. I wish you could have seen the grace with which he handled all the adversity that came from his stupid mistake. He never really said a word; he just got to work. He never lost sight of his goal, talked to Kirby Smart at Alabama, who facilitated his transfer to Butler, and he's never looked back. Ole Miss is recruiting him hard. Please don't let him get away.

Good luck y'all, and Google Jayhawk conference and follow the links on Dec. 5 to hear the national championship game.

I probably won't be posting back here for a while. I just really want Zach to sign with y'all, and I hope I have allayed any fears about him being another Ryan P. The kid can play, but above all else, he's a really fine young man.

And finally, to answer the question that started this thread, yeah. He's that good.

3. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Well, Mettenberger will be in his RS-Sophomore season, so he'd still have 2 years to be the guy after JJ and Lee move on.

4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Uhhhh.....That's IF Jefferson doesn't declare for the NFL draft this year.

:)lol:)

5. TwistedTiger

For some reason that thought never crossed my mind. Maybe they can tell Mettenberger that he will surely start since JJ will probably turn pro early. Think he will buy it?

6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

The only question that really needs to be answered is if he's better than what we have now.

7. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

Mtezen. went 24 of 31 for 338 yards and 6 touchdowns!! So yes....I would say he is that impressive. Here is Zach's stats for the year....

159-271-3 int's, 58% completion, 2512 yards, 31 td's averging 228 yards passing per game, 172.1 eff rating.

I know it's at Butler JC, but I would sure take him!!

8. DoctorDave

DoctorDave Guest

I wonder if LSU is going a get a visit from Marquise Williams?

9. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

You're beginning to sound like Urban Meyer !! That's exactly what he would say to ZM...after all, he told Colt McCoy that Tebow would be playing LB.

:hihi:

10. TwistedTiger

At this point I'd do just about anything to get a decent QB.