Is Zach Mettenberger really that good?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by vesperiaLSU, Oct 28, 2010.

1. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Ya'll wine him and dine him, and he signs with OM?:eek: Wouldn't that be a bitch.....I'm surprised that he would even talk to OM. Where is "O" when you need him..............;):hihi:

2. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

IMO, if we had even run of the mill passer this year we are going to Atlanta and who kows what else.:geauxtige

3. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

So I guess you're forgetting how quickly Fairley got into our QB's faces at Auburn? I don't care WHO you put back there, the QB position was a sitting duck with that playcalling behind that line against that DLineman. JJ had a better game at Auburn because he neutralized the pass rush by rolling out and running options. Our QBs aren't wold-beaters, but they're not total garbage, either.

Miles sticks with JJ because of the potential the kid has, not neccessarily loyalty. We've all seen him when he's on, and it's definitely fun to watch. If Miles is guilty of anything by playing JJ as much as he does, it's his agonizing patience with the situation.

Hopefully a coach that can actually develop talent will be able to polish that rough diamond and we won't spend all of next season in another QB debate if Mettenberger falls in our lap.

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Your brain is in slow motion again. So I'll explain it AGAIN. We have top 10 offensive talent which was my original post. We have recruited top 10 QB's that haven't developed. Crowton is the OC. He is the main person responsible for developing the QB's and getting them working in his system. If JJ or JL played average that also would be a huge improvement. Whether it's average play from the #1 rated QB or the #100 rated QB it would be an improvement. That doesn't mean we haven't recruited better talent than 90% 0f the teams out there. Come on get up to speed and keep up with the conversation. I guess you still think we have no talent on offense right?:rolleye33: