Isla Vista killing....the NRA's fault?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by uscvball, May 29, 2014.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Mercs are a slap in the face to the military and soldiers in my opinion, but maybe that's just me.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

They have their uses in the security world. Fighting Somali pirates is a good example. Or guarding US business facilities overseas. They have always been effective in the third world where small governments cannot trust their own military or cannot afford to train up local soldiers to the levels that they require. But they don't offer much to conventional warfare or covert ops that cannot be done batter by the CIA or the military.

3. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Less guns leads to less gun deaths. No amount of posturing, arguing or whining will change that. If I don't have a gun, I can't kill you or myself with a gun.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

What does the bold matter in this argument? If you are suicidal, what does the tool matter? Suicides will just be offset with another tool.

Now to the former, how are we going to get less guns? Confiscation?

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

So you're saying that if somebody would have got him a hooker he wouldn't have done it?

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

No but you can still kill me or yourself. Its not guns that are responsible for killing people. Its crazy people

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I'm not saying that. That's from a wacko misogynistic group.

8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Oh I get it. Very well. I realize the US gov't will deny their very existence and most carry a suicide pill to avoid interrogation.

Blackwater was one company...it has spawned several others. Why do you suppose most of them are in Virginia, near the Farm? It's way more than political.

Check the headlines (sub-lines) over the years when certain terrorists are taken out or simply disappear. Sometimes we give credit to other governments....or at least we let them take credit, say Israel for example.

They are on the rise because of need. We may be pulling out conventional troops but someone has to keep an eye on Allah.

Not so much capable as unwilling.

Lol. I'm not talking about peeps who serve meals and read reports. All that shit is for show. I'm talking about GTK's. Period.

Numbers. Collateral damage. A lifetime of living in fear.

Cofer Black disagrees with you. What do you think Total Intelligence Solutions did? How about Blackbird Technologies? There is far more off the record than on.

9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Most are former military. They may have joined for a good reason and then found out the truth was something quite different.
    It's the CIA doing the hiring.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You read a lot of adventure thrillers, don't you?

In other words, you can't offer a single piece of evidence in support of this being done by a secret private army.

Again, I must ask for examples of this. Why would you believe such a thing?

The Geological Society of Finland? I hate those guys.

I know what you are trying to say. I just don't think you have much evidence to support it. The point I'm making is that we don't utilize private military contractors because our military is incapable or reticent. We use them for reasons of political correctness and diplomatic expediency. And because there is money to be made by the corporations that get the contracts. Sometimes the contractors are not very good at all.