Isla Vista killing....the NRA's fault?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by uscvball, May 29, 2014.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

So as not to carry it openly and needlessly frighten people who are squeamish about guns

uscvball, red55 and LSUpride123 like this.
  2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Protection, crime prevention to name a few big ones. I also believe that if you carry one, you better be prepared to use it. Most folks that I know who do carry are ready and able to use theirs.

3. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

That's not rational.
    Neither is this. It is 2014, not 1870.

There is no rational reason to carry a firearm. The fact that billions of people go about life everyday without one and return home safe and unmolested is proof enough that it is not needed. It is carried simply because one wants it, be it to feel safe or to feel like they have a larger penis than what they actually have. Regardless of the reason, it is not a rational one. You cannot name one because one does not exist. The only reason you have the opportunity is because of an antiquated provision in the country's Constitution, written in a different time under different circumstances.

4. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

I
    Wow, it is a good thing rational people like you are not in charge. In 1870 there was no Internet so the 1st Amendment should not apply. In 1870 there were rules against illegal search and seizure (4th Amendment) but good rational people like you have no problem with the Feds violating that on a daily basis either - see NSA 2014. Billions of people may go home safe almost every day, but in cities like Chicago and D.C., that is sadly not the case and it only takes one bad day to alter your agenda.

5. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Why would the creation of the internet necessitate a ned to abolish freedome of speech? That doesn't make any sense at all. Also, what have I mentioned here that would lead you to believe I'm not a believer in the 4th Amendment?

If people like me where in charge, there would be less deaths by guns. Oh what a horrible world that would be...

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I hate to break it to you chief but if the NSA wants you, your shotguns, AR's, AK's, pistolas, whatever, ain't gonna do shit. You know these mother fuckers got flying robots now right?

I don't mind someone with a pistol in their glove box, or a shorty under the seat, but carrying an AR15 in public is just being a gigantic douchebag, for the sake of being a gigantic douchebag. I'd bet that most that do this will pass a few of these rules.

1. Small dick syndrome
    2. Haven't seen pussy since pussy shat them into the world
    3. Think they are hot shit and qualified to carry because they beat every Call of Duty.

red55 likes this.
  7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Well, consider this. There is often no rational reason to carry a firearm to church, to school, shopping at Albertsons, jogging in your neighborhood, to the dentist, etc. I certainly never carry a gun to work or to my normal daily activities.

But some of us go places that are much more dangerous. It may sound funny, but I have encountered armed timber rustlers on my property. I always carry a weapon there now. Not just for snakes but for human predators. Likewise I have equipment stored in a friends warehouse off Scenic Highway in a very bad part of town. I always carry when going there. I carry when road-tripping around the country. I go camping in remote places and I travel a lot of backroads including jeep trails on BLM land, far from cellphone range or any law enforcement support. In such places one must be prepared to defend ones self or be a victim. When I hear someone rattling my garage door at 3AM, I carry a weapon out to investigate.

The reason that I say often there is no rational reason to carry a concealed weapon to normal activities is because often we mix normal activities with dangerous ones. It's a two-hour drive to my timber land. I will stop to get gas, grab a bite to eat, stop to inspect some rental property that I have in the area, and maybe visit relatives or friends on the same trip. No need to alarm people I encounter along the way by openly carrying. But I sometimes carry openly when I get to the dangerous territory because I want casual perps to know that I'm capable of defending myself and to go find a more helpless victim. On the other hand I sometimes carry concealed in dangerous territory so as not to make hostile locals or a serious perp feel threatened.

As in most things, there is a balance to be achieved here. But you are right about one thing, I do it to feel safe. What is wrong with that? And it does make my penis bigger. What the fuck is wrong with that?

Winston1 likes this.
  8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I find this all difficult to comprehend.

9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Really......
    "At 10:41 a.m., a 14-year-old boy heard screams from outside a home in the 22500 block of Marylhurst Court and saw the boxer grab his sister's shoulder while she and their sister were playing, according to Jim Amormino, spokesman for the Orange County Sheriff's Department.

With the help of neighbors and others, the children's mother pulled her daughter to safety and into the house. The dog followed her up the walkway and nipped at the pants of the woman's 1-year-old son. The mother pushed her children inside and tried to scare the dog off, but it lunged at her. She went into the house grabbed a Glock pistol and shot the dog in the throat, said Amormino."

I don't think that mother was worrying about her penis size.

"The Internet cafe patron who shot and injured two men as they tried to rob the business will likely not face any criminal charges.

“Based on what I have seen and what I know at this time, I don’t anticipate filing any charges,” said Bill Gladson of the State Attorney’s Office for 5th Judicial Circuit.

Gladson said he has reviewed the security surveillance video from the cafe. While he still awaits final reports from the Marion County Sheriff’s Office, he said the shooting appeared justified.

Samuel Williams, 71, who fired the shots, has a concealed weapons permit, according to the Sheriff’s Office. Under Florida law, a person is allowed to use deadly force if he or she fears death or serious injury to themselves or others. As long as the person isn’t committing a crime and is in a place where he or she has a right to be, they are considered to be acting within the law."

He's 71....does he worry about penis size that much anymore? I dunno.

I have friends who run trails and a few paths not on or near people or traffic. We have mountain lions and rabid coyotes from time to time. We also have had plenty of instances of assault and attempted rape. I think my friends have several good reasons to carry when they run.

"Police seek the public's help in identifying a man suspected of attacking and trying to sexually assault a jogger. Authorities on Wednesday released a composite sketch of the man suspected in the attempted sexual assault, which reportedly occurred about 6:45 a.m. Aug. 28 near Huntington Village Lane and Center Avenue. A woman jogging in the area noticed a man following her and tried to run toward her apartment but was pushed from behind and knocked to the ground, a police statement said. The man attempted to sexually assault the woman, police said, ripping her shirt off before she was able to escape."

What would have happened if the woman had drawn and showed her gun the moment she noticed a man following her? I doubt the assault would have occurred. Hey, she might have even shot him in the penis area.

Your concept that another person's needs or wants are irrational holds no water other than your own bias. The truth is that millions of people are responsible gun owners and there is no rational reason to force them to go without.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

What does a woman going into her house to grab a gun have to do with douchebags carrying ak47's to Chilis?