Islam- sinking to their level?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by JSracing, May 15, 2004.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

i think you guys almost agree, you just dont see it.

i think there are a couple things we can agree on, both sides of your argument.

1. islam is a religion that often tends to make people violent and terrible

2. other religions make people kill plenty, but right now, the biggest threat is definitely islam.

3. there are plenty of perfectly friendly islamic people, all over the world.

4. many people generalize way too much and say things like kill all the towel-heads, which is of course funny, but stupid to say, because many people with turbans are indian sikhs, and they hate the damn militant muslims as much as we do.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yeah the outcry was deafening from the arab world. laughable.

3. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

Does the number of people doing the wrong thing make it any more or less wrong?

Times change, actions change. We used to see a black person in a white neighborhood and automatically assume he was up to no good. Must be looking for a place to rob or a white woman to rape.
    Now it's Arab terrorists. I'm not getting on the plane with that Arab. He's probably going to blow it up or fly it into a skyscraper. Those ones that have that store down the street or run that motel are probably fronts for Al Qaida and are making plans to blow up the neighborhood.

"Every American is a Bush lackey and over here just to take our oil or to fight Islam" (or to do whatever the fear or claim or cause of the moment is) so let's kill them and drag them through the streets. No American has any rights under the Sheiks orders."

Yes I see how much better than them we are. And I'd just like to know how we would react to a foreign invasion and occupation in the name of liberating us from the sin of Capitalism. For those of you too blind to see, it is no longer about Saddam in Iraq, it is about Islam. This is what they believe and this is what they want and they perceive us as trying to change that. That's why they are fighting.

4. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Mike, if a great white shark swam up and bit your ass off you'd want to know if he was oppressed or hungry before retailating, then if it was either, you'd let him off based on the fact that it was:

A. his mommy shark that caused him to act irrationally in the first case or
    B. he was just acting instinctively by being hungry and well your ass was hanging out there. so it was more your fault than the poor shark.

Meanwhile you cant figure out why in the world you're bleeding to death. :confused:

Have some guile and guts man, stand up for YOUR side and quit having pity and sympathy for every whining cause out there. In the end they will roll over you and laugh, and in the end they will be right.

Catch this little bit of irony my friend, to get some clue......

In the end it doesn't matter who's fault it was or is. It very well could be the fault of everyone involved.
    What does it boil down to then? Simply this. Survival, being alive, Your next generation living free to worship as they wish or being forced by the state to dress from head to toe in a Burka? come on man you KNOW which side is right. It's one thing to have an opinion and I respect, but use some basic common sense. You can be liberal and support candidates that think this way, but don't do like the media and disresepct the presidant and our troops by comparing Capitalism to ISLAM, or a dictatorship. Your analogy is borderline treason. Treason is aiding and abetting the enemy. Giving rightesousnes to their cause to me is borderline.

Stand up for where you live, honor those that have fallen in battle by standing up for the US. Don't be a Micheal Moore. an opinion is one thing, spreading propaganda and lying is just plain stupid and wrong.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

It's his heart that's bleeding.

It's amazing how easy it is to be tolerant when you are sitting in that hotbed of muslim activity in Moore, OK.

6. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

Actually this was correct until the Patriot Act passed.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

he'd much rather die in a bombing as an American with his liberties than to be alive in any capacity without I think is his point.

And yes, the Patriot Act infringes on everyone's rights.

8. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

he would still have liberties, we arent ushering in comunism by standing up and fighting a bunch of radicals. I guess he could be free looking up at the top of his casket? :shock: :dis: go figure :confused:

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The whole point of this thread as stated by JSRacing is that the entire Islam world has declared war against not only our military but all of us and we have to do whatever it takes to win and eliminate this unholy threat to all of us.

The Japanese used Kamikaze pilots but that was against military targets. I don't understand the mentality of anybody who would blow themselves up to kill civilians unless the Islamic religion has done a massive and effective brainwashing job. It has to be stopped using whatever methods it takes to eliminate the threat. Some suicide bombers get money paid to their families. Would they still do it if we killed every family member of any suicide bomber? Would any so called innocent Arab continue to give sanctuary to terrorists or would they rise up and fight them if they knew that they were going to be blown off the face of the earth no matter whether they were in a mosque, a school or a hospital? As of now terrorists know they can operate in relative safety from so called "untouchable targets." What would the general population of a city like Fallujah do if they knew that we would simply wipe out any square mile of a city that a terrorist or insurgent threat emanated from?