ISP's selling your browsing history.

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Mar 26, 2017.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

This isn't new and how, we lost a lot after 9/11,.. the Patriot Act, the Homeland Security Agency, cost us plenty, made big brother huge,.. America, land of liberty,.. not so much, not no more.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

So this makes the other ok?

3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Seriously? You are much better and smarter than to have that kind of reply. Do some research and see what those things are all about. It doesn't have anything to do with one being OK or not. It's really almost insignificant compared to what's really going on.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  4. GiantDuckFan

... and it will only get worse

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It all seems wrong to me. I don't want companies spying on me, I don't want the government spying on me, I don't want ISP's selling my browsing data, I don't want ISP's selling my email address or my phone number, I don't want the government data mining me, and keeping track everything I search or everything I look at or spying on me through microwaves like Kelly Anne said. It's all foul to me. I don't think any of it is insignificant.

6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Well said my friend.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Nobody likes it. Before there was even an internet there was data mining in a prehistoric way compared to now: Somebody gathered and sold your name and mailing address so your mailbox could be filled with junk mail and sold your phone number to telemarketers. Now it's frightening the amount of data private companies are able to accumulate about every single one of us. I can hardly go to any website without ads popping up for everything I have ever bought or even looked for out of mild interest.

I have a Facebook account I never look at but I always get notifications both on my computer and my phone that somebody I never heard of wants to be my "friend" or wants me to look at whatever idiot thing they have posted.

8. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

You boys (and girls) just wait till you get to be 64 1/2. Absolute deluge of Medicare stuff. I don't want, and certainly don't need, any of it. I guess if you enter your birthdate, only one time, the vultures know when you get near 65. That VPN looking better all the time.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Holy shit they call my parents nonstop. It's surreal. Mail email phone any hours of the night send shit wo authorization

10. GiantDuckFan

Because I'm a member here, LSU merchandise ads were always chasing me around the internet,..here at Tigerfan too,.. after the old site went bloowey, for a while the new place had a lot of ads,.. I had been looking at @Tiga 's, "snapping turtles" thread,.. when I clicked back to the forum page, down at the bottom was an ad for, "Turtles are us", I shit you not.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    Bengal B likes this.