Israel and the Lady Gaza....

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Jun 4, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

What does everyone think of this situation? I know Israel has always been our ally, or even better, America has always been Israel's ally. But this is getting stupid. Killing 9 innocent people on a ship that was trying to get aid to Gaza, now they are talking about blocking another one.

New aid ship heads to Gaza, Israel vows to stop it - Yahoo! News

What's going on, and is America going to back Israel no matter what?

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

it wasnt completely innocent. one, they were running a blockade. isreal told the group before they ever left that they would be stopped if they tried. they were given advance warning. this has been done before and the groups gave up peacefully, and it was more of a form of protest than anything else, even when some of those previous ships were found to contain arms shipments.

this group when notifiied that they would be stopped gave all assurances they would not resist either. because of this, the soldiers were not armed as usual, but carried paint guns just to do crowd control. their only weapons were pistols, just in case. yet when israeli soldiers boarded the ship, men were waiting in groups and attacked the soldiers of 3-5 protestors per one soldier. the soldiers were beaten with clubs and one stabbed in the stomach.

this is not an innocent action. i was of the opinion that israel used excessive force and got out of control until i read the full story a few days ago. these men had the right to defend themselves. the real kick is that the israel army offered to deliver the humanatarian aid for the groups doing this, but their offer was refused.

this was a set up. no doubt about it in my mind.

1 person likes this.
  3. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Stupid is thinking this was innocent. The video clearly shows this was a setup. And Israel, in conjunction with Egypt, has a right to enforce their blockade of a terrorist controlled area.

This joint Israeli/Egyptian blockade went into effect after Hamas took over the strip. Hamas is a terrorist organization. At least until Obama gives them diplomatic status. Additionly, Israel did not want to block the aid, they merely wanted to vet the manifest and deliver it themselves. That's how a blockade works.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I'd say that one day these idiot rag heads are going to learn to stop effing with Israel but then again, they have been getting thier collective asses handed to them for so long now. Poor bastards. :insane:

5. LaSalleAve

Maybe the act was not innocent but how can you be sure that all 9 of the people killed were not innocent?

6. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

How can you be sure any of them were innocent?

7. LaSalleAve

I can't, but i bet if that were the US Coast Guard, 9 people wouldn't have been killed.

8. TheDude

The blockade is not a secret. The fact that Hamas is considered to be a terrorist organization is not a secret. If you decide to run a 3 yr blockade to a terrorist group, you are not innocent. If you watch the video, you can see outlines of men being beaten with rods. Guess who had the rods? This was staged to do exactly what has happened; throw a bad light on Israel in the eyes of the casual observer. People that don't give a damn to actually seek out a single fact, and are impressed by headlines and grainy video.

Sound like someone you know?

9. LaSalleAve

ooooooh, slap yourself a high five after you hit submit?

10. TheDude

Pointing out your total lack of thought has become routine and nothing worth celebrating.