Israel and the Lady Gaza....

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Who gives a flying F about Israel. We got our own problems to deal with.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

My total lack of thought? It is a lack of thought to think that maybe 9 people getting killed by soldiers is warranted? You can keep lying to yourself, but i know that it gets your little carrot wet pointing out my total lack of thought that is routine and not worth celebrating. :lol:

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

is the soldiers getting beat with clubs and stabbed warranted? for something they warned they were going to do, so it wasnt even a surprise to those doing the beating?

sorry, my answer is no. the group was wrong for running a blockade. if they were truly interested in getting humanatarian aid to gaza, they would have let the israeli army deliver it as offered.

if you think the the soldiers should have taken the beating, gotten killed, and thrown overboard, well, then i dont know what do say. shooting in self defense is justifiable. if innocent people got killed that were on the ship, then blame those on the ship that were using the whole operation as a set up. blame those that were waiting on soldiers they had been given warning would be coming. blame those that told the israeli army that if their running the blockade was intercepted and stopoped they would not resist. blame those that lied and then beat soldiers to the point of self defense being necessary.

4. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

If America had been in charge of that blockade, they probably would have just blown it out of the water. Do you remember something called the "Cuban Missile Crisis"?

What part of running a blockade to a terrorist organization do you not comprehend?

Terrorist = bad

Running a blockade = bad

Running a blockade to a terrorist = suicidal

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Israel's problems create problems for us all over the middle east. Where the hell have you been?

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

the trouble here is that both of you are right. stupid complicated world.

other notes:

1. there is no excuse for spelling it "isreal". not even if you are sourdoughman. ok well maybe if you are sourdoughman.

2. this is just another example of the pain religion brings to the world.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It's unwarranted, but it was in response to a provocation started by activists specifically intending to create an incident.

Military blockades are recognized by the UN and are completely legal. Anyone who defies a blockade is liable to be sunk, certainly boarded and inspected. The protesters were not peace activists.

Hamas is at war with Israel and has launched 4,000 rockets at them. If the blockade is lifted, then Iran can just ship more missiles in. This is a ploy to break the blockade by making Israel look bad.

Israel screwed up by not taking the protesters seriously. They went in unarmed and with not enough soldiers to control the mob. They will not make that mistake again.

There are two geopolitical issues at play here.

1. Iran controls Hamas and wants the same access to Gaza that they have to Hezbollah in Lebanon. They are agitating against Israel to break the blockade.

2. Secular, western-oriented Turkey is fighting a serious and growing islamist, anti-western internal political movement. The islamists are trying to drive a wedge between Turkey's government ties with Israel and NATO. Gaza is just an excuse for them to gain power inside Turkey.

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

and the islamic "aid" groups in this instance were from turkey. i fully believe that the instigators used innocent people who just thought they were part of a "humanitarian mission". there is no way this wasnt a planned set up.

9. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

I think I'm going to start participating in this political forum rather than my previous home on anandtech.com. This place isn't the rabid sharktank of death that anandtech is.

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I see you haven't been around here much