Israel Declares War

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Crip*TEAM KATT, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

IF Iran and Syria come to the aid of Lebanon, how will that effect our position in this conflict?

2. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Geaux Israel! It's about time they fought back. Kick their asses!

3. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Interesting question given our support of the democratic (albeit neutered) government of Lebanon. I don't see much getting between us and Israel though.

If Iran and Syria roll up into this conflict, I suspect you'll see that withdrawal from Iraq that people have been hoping for.

Now if they get out of Iraq, but get on the planes and boats, then we should be on the 'shroom lookout. That's just NLMD's optimism coming through though.

4. 00Tiger

00Tiger Founding Member

Well the last time the middle east decided to F with Israel, it only took them 6 days to make them ask for mercy. So by my guess it doesn't matter what the US position is, because by the time we can put a boat in the sea it will be over anyways.

5. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

yeah, ole' israel can fight

6. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

It's definitely good to see Israel taking some action. It's good for us to have such a close ally in that region flexing some muscle.

7. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

The UN has decried Isreal's actions as a disproportionate use of force. Which I find funny. I mean how the hell do you win a war if you only hit the other guy as hard as he hits you. I love to see Isreal lay the hammer down.

8. Crip*TEAM KATT

We already have a ship over there that was ported in Haifa. I saw that it is already left port and setting up to be able to airlift Americans out of Lebanon.

9. Crip*TEAM KATT

Heard yesterday that Iran is the country that supplied Hezbollah with the rockets that they have been having.

I agree lets turn the place into a glass parking lot, come back in 10 years and shoot them while they are glowing in the dark.

OR just drop that Mohab that they tested over in Florida two years ago.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

That was about three wars ago, amigo. The 1973 war was far less successful than 1967 and the 1982-2000 invasion and occupation of Lebanon had extremely mixed outcomes.

The last time Israel invaded Lebanon it turned into an expensive mess that took them years to get out of. They forced the PLO out of Lebanon but destroyed the country in the process which enabled Hezbollah to replace the PLO and Hezbollah has been a much worse problem for Israel than the PLO ever was. And the Lebanese nation itself is now too weak to control its militias.

The Israelis are not fools. I think this interdiction will be limited and not followed up with a costly and ultimately futile ground invasion and occupation. But they may establish a new security zone in the rocket-launching belt where they can prevent or inhibit more rocket attacks on Israel. And they may never leave it.