Israel Declares War

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Crip*TEAM KATT, Jul 13, 2006.

1. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

If you really want to keep up with this you should check out http://www.haaretz.com and the http://www.jpost.com Both are Israeli papers that you can find online with, obviously, mucy more coverage than any of our stations.

PM Olmert has said that Israel isn't stopping the fight until Hizbollah is completely disarmed and has criticized the UN for telling Israel to stop their campaign to free the soldier.
    I didn't really like Olmert at first, because of his plans to unilaterally withdraw from the West Bank and Gaza Strip but it turned out that he is pretty strong on defense and is finally doing what needed to be done. I kinda think that Olmert withdrew knowing the Palistinians would continue bombing Israel and thus give Israel justification for going in and completely dismantling Hamas, but it isn't really a strong opinion just a hunch.

2. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

I have heard it refered to as "Their Vietnam"

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I don't think he will get much attention from the UN to enforce resolution 1559 since Israel has ignored over 60 UN resolutions, not counting the 35 vetoed by the US. The collection of resolutions criticizing Israel is unmatched by the record of any other nation.

Israel has plenty of reason to destroy Hezbollah to defend itself, but trying to get the UN to bless it is kind of laughable.

4. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

No effect, I think. Things get hectic diplomatically, obviously. Israel is more than capable of handling those goons. Iran & Syria will assist the terrorists, not the Lebanese people. They'll send weapons and supplies but no personnel. This could change if Israel acts as though they're going to occupy Lenanon for any period of time, and they have no interest in that. FOXNews was reporting today that people were rushing into Gaza from Egypt, why would they want to do that?

Nice photo
    View attachment 7467

5. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Palestinians who live in Egypt maybe and want to come back "home" and fight Israel?

6. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Our position will not change. We will continue to support Israel.

7. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

But to what level? Simple a " We stand behind you" or a commitment to troops?

8. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

If it gets big (involves more than lebanon), we will be there. guaranteed.

9. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

We will not commit troops. We're spread out too thin to allow for that.

10. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

I doubt it, if the people were regular citizens, which is the impression I got. It didn't seem to refer to an insurgency. Might there be some kind of welfare-type freebies provided by the Palestinian Authority or Israel that is not available in Egypt?