Israel Declares War

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Crip*TEAM KATT, Jul 13, 2006.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Freakin' easy! We fight the terrorists that target America. Al Qaida. Period.

What? Should we get into Northern Ireland now . . . or the Phillipines . . . or Chechnya . . . or about half a dozen South American countries with insurrections going on? No. They ain't our fight and we are not the world's policeman. Did we learn nothing in Iraq, Vietnam, Somalia, . . . and in Lebanon already in 1982?

Did Israel fight alongside us in Vietnam, Kuwait, Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia, Bosnia, Panama, Grenada, Korea, or any war we have been in? Nope. Do we have US bases in Israel? nope. Britain is an ally. Israel is a client state who depends on $billions in US military aid and they have not militarily allied themselves with us ever. Israeli spys are in US jails for espionage on us.

Hamas, Fatah, Islamic Jihad and Hezbollah are fighting Israel on their own turf. It's Israels fight. We can back them up, but we ain't doing their fighting for them.

2. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Your thoery was proven wrong when we invaded Iraq.

This fight is much more worthy of our time than the war we are currently fighting.

3. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Ok on that point I totally agree with ya.

4. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

It is so much bigger than what you make it out to be red. Israel is our responsibility. We will do what it takes to preserve her. I don't see us sending troops in to fight in their war, yet. Could we eventually? Sure. However, they are a lot more than just a "client state".

Also, an islamic terrorist is an islamic terrorist, no matter what they call their little group. Their ultimate goals are the same. So are ours, to snuff them off of the planet.

I've trained along side of the Israelis. Until my first trip over there, I didn't really understand the importance of that place. We, the US, are the reason why they're so strong now. We will continue to support her in every way. Israel will not fall to the muslims. At this point, they are not in any real danger.

5. 00Tiger

00Tiger Founding Member

I don't think Egypt is going to touch this conflict with a ten foot pole, the Iranian people need to put a gag order on their dumb ass president, before he gets them all killed, and anyone else notice that the world as a whole is not coming down hard on Israel, they know better, even the Turkish, Saudiis, Egyptians are going to keep quiet and not say anything stupid about this one.

The only thing I see Israel having trouble with is spreading themselves thin with a huge quick offensive, but I have no doubt that if Iran and Syria get millitarily involved in this that the US will be all over their ass.

6. 00Tiger

00Tiger Founding Member

It is our fight, see Salty's post. It has been stated numerous times by terrorist factions that the reason they attack Israel is to try and draw the US into conflict with them, they know the US and Israel are thick as thieves and most of the Islamic nations view them as our little brother. I for one think Israel has just had it with Hammas and Hezbollah and we are now seeing the results of a country who has been tested and tested and finally broke and said OK F*** ya'll.

7. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

Israel Issues 72 hour ultimatum to syria, per ynetnews

I haven't heard this from anywhere else yet so take it with a grain of salt but if it is true then look out cause Iran is gonna get officially involved.

8. red55

:lol: How?

Iran is developing nuclear weapons that can hit US forces in the middle east. North Korea has nuclear weapons and a missile that can possibly hit the US. Pakistan definitely has nuclear-tipped misiles, the islamic bomb that already exists in a country whose US-backed leader faces a hostle citizenry that just may revolt against him--Iran all over again.

Israel can handle their own bandits, we have much bigger fish to fry.

9. red55

I agree, Israel is extremely important. Israel shares our democratic goals and we should continue to back her.

We have armed Israel to the teeth specifically so that she can deal with her problematic neighbors. It is the notion that somehow WE must go after Israel's enemies and make them into our enemies that I oppose. This is why Reagan pulled the Marines out of Lebanon in '82. We tried to be "peacekeepers" and the Lebanese crapped all over us. So we simply rearmed the Israelis and let them do their thing. We didn't get bogged down in a costly occupation over there 'cause they got nuthin' we need.

We do have a responsibility to Israel . . . but it ain't fighting their wars for them. And they haven't asked, either. That's their responsibility to us.

Traditionally we have been the Good Cop and Israel the Bad Cop in the region. We don't need two Bad Cops. The more that Israel kills them and breaks their stuff, the more they are willing to deal with us on a more civil basis to reach some agreements.

10. red55

I did. Salty understands that THIS FIGHT is Israel's. OUR FIGHT is much bigger and lies elsewhere. We are still supportive of Israel, just not a participant. It is important that we do not permit the War on Terror to become a War on Terra.

So why give them what they want? It ain't what we want and gains us nothing.