Israel has started

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Nov 14, 2012.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

2. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

Israel has a moto like Texas. You kill one of us. We kill you back.

Richdog likes this.
  3. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Is this finally the beginning of the end?

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

When will those silly arabs learn to not phuck with Israel

Richdog likes this.
  5. martin

martin Banned Forever

This surely is terrifying

6. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

And Egypt is siding with Gaza. 2012 y'all.

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

two days ago i got really drunk and talked to my halal truck guy on my street because he is egyptian. his bud had gone back to egypt and opposed the mubarek regimae and they both are proud of voting against mubarek supporters. i was psyched but then i asked if he had voted for muslim brotherhood, and then he said yes and i drunkenly told him he was a terrible idiot and was making the world awful (i can be an asshole) and long story short now i think he might poison me

damn muslim brotherhood

gyver likes this.
  8. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

they should just invade and be done with it.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Everybody chillax. This should all end with less than 500 casualties. All sides are posturing and none of them have an interest in an all-out war.

Hamas is struggling to consolidate power in Gaza. The dozens of radical breakaway and independent islamist groups in Gaza have been launching these missile attacks at Israel. Hamas needs to assimilate these groups but can't seem to do so and it fears one of them expanding to challenge Hamas, even as Hamas challenged Fatah. It can't control them and can't be seen to do the work of Israel by suppressing them by force. Syria is Hamas' client state and it is in a state of turmoil and Hamas must find other sponsors without provoking another invasion and occupation by Israel. So Hamas is posturing to put on a show of defiance and strength to remain as relevant as possible in a rapidly changing Middle East. Many of their old friends have bigger problems of their own.

Take Egypt for example. They have made a immediate show of sympathy for the Palestinians and must cater to the Muslim Brotherhood party that elected Mursi. But Egypt cannot afford to alienate the US by aiding Gaza. The Egyptian military wants no part of a shooting war with Israel. They are failing badly in dealing with Hamas in Gaza and also now in the Sinai Penensula within Egypt, where islamists have run amuck. They do not want Hamas to export violence to Egypt. They are posturing to avoid making any commitments until this episode blows over.

Israel must address the 750 rockets fired at them this year and is doing so militarily. It wants to be very violent but very quick and be done with it. No side wants a repeat of the 2008-2009 ground invasion in which thousands of casualties were generated without either side gaining a damn thing. This has forces Israel to call up reserves and commit military units to Gaza when they are right in the middle of border trouble with Syria. Israel feels threatened by Iran and their proxy Hezbollah who has 150,000 rockets in Lebanon pointed at Israel and does not need a war in Gaza right now, especially one that involves Egypt or Syria or Hezbollah. Israel is posturing to remind Hamas that it will defend itself aggressively, that it isn't going anywhere, and that each and every attack on Israel will result without fail in a powerful military response.

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

first this israel thing is scary enough, now we have people as old as red using the term "chillax". that is totes terrifying

LSUpride123 likes this.