Israel has started

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Nov 14, 2012.

1. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

These "radical" Islamist are most Islamist and they believe 2 things: you either convert to Islam or we kill you. Pretty simple. As I've said before, the sooner the rest of the world realizes we are at war with Islam the sooner we can get it over with. As my Israeli co-worker family holocaust survivor says "when you are Israeli and someone says they want to kill you, at an early age you learn to believe them". God Bless those Israelis.....

martin likes this.
  2. martin

martin Banned Forever

all of that is true. people are always scared to call religions out for what they are. the right is scared to call out religion in general because they are faith-based themselves, and the left because they have to keep up this lie that everyone is wonderful and we need to be tolerant of other (inferior) cultures. so i will only half chillax, and remain curious as to when/if israel every finally runs out of patience.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Pretty simplistic. Most of the 1.6 billion muslims are not radical and just want to work and live. It is foolish to make war on any of them that are enemies of the US. The terrorist groups are quite small and must be gone after one by one.

Why would we want to be at war with a religion? It the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. It's typical of Neo-Con Republican politics that have been long discreditied. Did you learn nothing from Iraq and Afghanistan? All it would do is further drain us of $trillions with a gain of absolutely nothing.

The Israelis can take care of themselves. The vital interests of the United States do not include going to war over Israel. They got nuthin' we need.

Tiger in NC likes this.
  4. tigerchick46

So lets say 10% are radical and you have 160 million lunatics wanting non-Muslims dead and the other 90% in no particular hurry to stop the 10%, I consider it a problem and when I have a problem I believe in being proactive to solve it, instead of sitting around waiting for it to show up on my doorstep.....just so happens these people are Muslim, I wouldn't care if they were Muslims, Mormans, Doormans, Poormen or Minutemen.....bottom line is they hate us, hate our freedoms and want us eliminated and they are growing like roaches faster than the rest of the world.....it's a problem.

5. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

So let's don't say that 10% are radical because that would be dishonest. A tiny fraction of a percent of Muslims are perpetuating the jihad against America, the vast and overwhelming majority of Muslims want the very same things that you and I do: jobs, schools for their children, possibility of advancement, etc. To claim otherwise is simply not true.

I would like to know what evidence you have to support this assertion that 10% of Muslims are jihadists. Sounds to me like you are getting bad information from some one or somewhere.

6. tigerchick46

http://www.focus-fen.net/index.php?id=f1877

2009 study shows 13% of UK Muslims approve of terrorist attacks.....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ls-40pc-of-Muslims-want-sharia-law-in-UK.html

A fifth (20%) of UK Muslims have feeling of sympathy and understanding for suicide bombers

I would imagine if true Muslim countries were polled its equal or higher....so you are correct, my data is probably wrong, 10% is probably to low....what peaceful factual data do you have? I'm open to listening.

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

As I always say, the solution really starts by marginalizing all religions, calling them kooks and being aware thatfaith is for stupid fucks.

Faith is not a legit method of information acquisition. Case closed. Stop doing it.

TBTrumpet likes this.
  8. Expat

Expat Veteran Member

Any realistic chance of that happening? In any country, whether Jewish, Muslim, Christian, Hindu. . . . . ?

At its best, faith has nothing to do with information acquisition - it's about changing people for the better from the inside out, and is one of a potentially valid number of ways to do so. The problem arises when people believe that their particular brand of faith is what's important, and that their own brand of faith is the end and not the means. Rather than marginalizing faith, I'd much rather persuade people to care more about where we each end up rather than how we each get there. But there's no realistic chance of that happening either.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

no but might as well give it a tr.

or, just as commonly, changing them for the worse.

right. but all faith teach that. they are are all the path to salvation. except maybe buddhism. the prevailing big 3 are by nature exclusive and send the faithless to hell for burning.

well, that is a stupid idea. faith is the problem. do you know whay israel is a holy land? i will give you a hint. its not based on science.

10. Expat

Expat Veteran Member

How?
    Agreed. But it's probably no more certain to backfire than other approaches.

I agree that exclusiveness is the biggest part of the problem.

Understood about the Holy Land and whatever other particular religions hold sacred. But my idea is no more stupid than your attempt to marginalize faith. We're both tilting at windmills.