Israel has started

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Nov 14, 2012.

1. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Woah Cowboy! Your blind allegiance to the Democratic party regardless of the obvious is not only unbridled it's flat out commendable, it's like you're Robin to Batman. I got no problem whatsoever saying GW was a complete idiot!! Couldn't string 3 words together, ignored Clinton's advice about "hey might wanna watch Al Queda", the landing of the Jet on the Carrier like some kinda kid taking Daddy's Cadillac out for a spin, Tora Bora, what a jackass....I could go on for days......I call it like I see it, and Carter was a flat out waste. I'm just happy to have your loyalty as a Tiger fan....

So I guess it's just coincidence that Regan touched King James and uttered "I" and the Hostages were on a flight out of there, Carter must have borrowed my balls for his 444 days of scaring the shit out of the Iranians till they finally caved. Was also a nice touch that he allowed Mendez to put his life on the line and the night before he's supposed to sneak out the 6 "Canadians" he says sike, operation is a no go you are on your own sorry for sending you into a country where everyone hates you, oops I mean only 6% and that number is falling, laughable. Mendez had more balls in his ovaries than Carter.....

I got nothing against religions, but if a rogue element of the united workers association of office furniture makers flies a few airplanes into our buildings, repeatedly tries to kill our civilians/soldiers while the rest of the association pretty much sits on their hands, I'll want to fight fire with more fire with them too.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You make blind assumptions. I supported the democrats in this election, because todays republicans have lost their fucking minds. But I have voted for as many republicans as democrats over the years, including Reagan.

I'm a registered independent and always have been. I don't vote by party or ideology, but by pragmatism.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

Red and People like him, who can't be bothered to think about which ideology works best and vote for it, are the problem. In this context pragmatism could mean anything.

tirk and gyver like this.
  4. Expat

Expat Veteran Member

How broad of a net are you casting when you say "these people"? Just terrorists? Then I'd most likely agree. But if you mean all Muslims, then I definitely wouldn't agree.

The US has more credibility - or maybe more potential credibility is the better way to say it - in this region than I ever thought before I moved here. People (Arabs and Muslims) see that the US can do and still does great things. They just want us to do them in this part of the world. By far the biggest item on many peoples' mind is the expectation that, if the US wanted to, we could resolve the Israel/Palestine problem. I know it's not that simple. But if we could somehow find a way to implement a workable solution, our credibility in the ME would shoot through the roof.

Many people in this part of the world really do view the US as that "shining city on the hill." I was shocked to realize it. And Americans like me aren't summarily disliked. But people are frustrated with how the US government consistently favors Israel on every major point. But our credibility isn't used up yet.

Happy to be of use. I just wish I knew the model. She was standing near me in a hotel lobby and I discretely took the photo. If I ever see her again, I'll pass along your complements.

red55 likes this.
  5. tigerchick46

6. tigerchick46

Be careful over there and get home safely :).......especially if big brother Mohammed is monitoring your PC

7. Expat

Expat Veteran Member

Good call, Red. I'll be curious to see whether Hillary, Netanyahu, Meshaal and Morsi can get along well enough to turn this cease fire into something more permanent.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-20436699

8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Not a chance. Neither side especially theArabs want anything but total victory.

9. red55

Exactly. Pragmatism applies to almost every endeavor. Blind idealists like martin are forever condemned to be poor philosophers bemoaning a world that never measure up to their ideology.

10. red55

So the ragheads are killing each other and you have a problem with it? I thought you wanted to atom bomb the middle east? I don't think you know what you want.