Israel to strike Iran?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by NoLimitMD, Mar 13, 2005.

1. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2089-1522978,00.html

[​IMG]
    I'm sure this is no big surprise to most of us, but it does kind of force the issue.

Do you guys think "the sky is falling" and armageddon awaits? I'm curious, because Iran has been doing their typical sword rattling, but I'm not exactly sure how they could/would respond. They've got Israel backed into a corner to some extent, and Israel has made it clear over the last 50 years that they won't hesitate to blow some stuff up!

How do you think this plays out? My hunch is that Iran will not agree to anything w/ the UN, Israel will blow their junk up, we'll get blamed, they'll gripe and moan and then do just about nothing. Hapless cowards.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Unlike the USA, Israel will find an ally...us. I say let's get those bastards before the Democrats luck out and get back in power.

3. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I predict that 2016 is the very earliest that will happen...and that's if they can avoid total implosion as a party and manage to even get back in power.

4. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

I think when Israel blows up Irans nuclear reactor(s) then that will give every Arab country a reason to invade Israel. I also think that Russia may join in because Russia will have lost however many million it cost to produce the now defunct reactor.

This invasion will force Israel to use their nukes to try and deter them. Most likely Damascus and Cairo will be nuked as Syria and Egypt have been the most hostile to Israel, other than the palestinians. In short this will lead to a massive war with maybe the US and Israel on one side and all the other Arab countries and Russia on the other.

5. NoLimitMD

Every Arab country has had a reason to invade Israel since '48, and have had zero success in doing so. I find it rather humourous that they pick a fight w/ Israel, lose, lose territory in the process, then whine about it. They have no concept of the spoils of war!

6. MFn G I M P

I agree that they have hated Israel since '48 but those invasions have always been frowned upon by the world. When Israel blows up Irans reactors the world, in their hatred of Israel, will finally not frown upon the arab invasion and many european countries will probably supply arms.

I also agree about Israel taking land after they kicked the arab's ass in 3 seperate wars. Israel also gave back most of the land they captured, Sinai Peninsula, the Golan Heights, and even allow the palestinians to practice autonomy in their regions. Israel would probably give the Palestinians a country too if they would just stop blowing themselves up but that wil never happen.

7. NoLimitMD

Well, they did it before in the early 80's when Iran was getting close and with no ill effects. Of course, Iran was much weaker then after their years-long pissing contest with Iraq. I'm just curious what Iran can do today, and how much is saber rattling, and how much is a legit threat.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

The Arab countries are not about to f*ck with Israel. There are no Ted Kennedys and Barbara Boxers in Israel. And Russia? Give me a break. They are a paper tiger.

9. MFn G I M P

10. NoLimitMD