istsl - bcs guru

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUstudent, Nov 28, 2004.

1. AustinTXHorn

AustinTXHorn Founding Member

Yeah, we played like crap in the first half...but we ALWAYS do. That's three straight games that we've been down at the half. I obviously didn't get to see the LSU game since I was at the game, but it's definitely impressive to beat them by THAT much in Little Rock. If we go to the Cotton, I was hoping to play LSU instead of Tennessee.

And Nick Saban ain't going to be the next HC here. If anybody should, it should be Greg Robinson.

Glad to hear that you had fun down here.

2. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

I really enjoyed it. The country is real pretty around that area, which is more Rollingwood than downtown Austin proper i guess. I enjoyed the Barton Creek Square mall as it looks like our mall of Louisiana is modeled after that one. I liked the Apple Store. Ours lacks that as well as a few other things you guys have.

Rockfish Seafood Grill catered the rehearsal dinner, and they had some faux Louisiana Gumbo and shrimp pasta as their main entrees. We put the chef on the spot cause my wife and I as well as her grandmother and friends were first in line to eat. He starts telling us about the "Louisiana gumbo" and we all say "We're Baton Rouge natives, hope your stuff is good" and he was kinda taken aback. Was pretty funny. It was good if you like a bottle of Tabasco in your gumbo.

We got to eat Saturday night at Artz' Rib House, which I really enjoyed until my wife's other cousin threw up all over the parking lot on the way out and in my car. Too much champagne I guess....

The House on the Hill was a nice place to have a wedding, but I'd like to do it in the spring rather than late November. It was about 45 degrees outside and the bridesmaids were freezing their strapless backs off.

3. AustinTXHorn

Barton Creek Mall is kind of down by my house. Really nice area of town. I'm not as much into the Westlake area, though. The Westlake area would be where the guys like Michael Dell live...which is the Rollingwood area basically.

I've seen Rockfish, but I've never been there. Thought about it a few times, but I've never gone. Next time you're here you should try Shoal Creek Saloon on Lamar. I'm not from Louisiana, so I can't tell you how "authentic" the cajun food is, but it has usually been pretty damn good when I've been there. The owner is from New Orleans and has a lot of Saints and LSU stuff up on the walls.

4. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

I really hope we get to play you guys, too. I really want to see LSU kick Texas' ass. Sorry. :grin:

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Don't be sorry. It's what UT deserves for putting up a goose egg in their best chance at beating OU since Mack Brown got there. OU goes on to give up 35 points on consecutive weekends to OSU and A&M.

How the f*ck do you manage to score zero points?

6. ChineseBandit

ChineseBandit Founding Member

SoS is what cost USC last year so it had to be gotten rid of. Whatever gets in the way of that team winning their first NC since the 70's will be eliminated. IF they lose to OU, a formula will be found that pitts USC against a lesser team next year. If USC wins, I expect the BCS to institutde a rule whereby this year's winner automatically plays in the next NC game, regardless of ranking.

7. AustinTXHorn

A) because Greg Davis sucks. We all know that.
    B) because the teams that put up 35 on OU did it by throwing the ball on them. Greg Davis is afraid to call ANYTHING other than 3 yard outs in the passing game against OU, which goes right into their strength on defense. We did not throw the ball deep in the OU game. OSU and A&M beat OU's defense by going deep. OU also stops the run very, very well...we're a running team. So basically Greg Davis is afraid to do the one thing that could have made us successful against OU.