It ain't over yet

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by J2K, Oct 26, 2002.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Yes Chuck a lesser opponent. AUburn won. Beat us all day. But if you truly believe Auburn is a better football team the other 364 days of the year at this point, you might want to look at the Polls. LSU is still ranked 15th in the nation, Still in first in the division. And still has the number 1 D in the nation.

I am not taking anything away from Auburn. We lost, but LSU had a very very bad day, and Tubbs just I think out coached Saban, Auburn had it all and LSU had nothing. It was just one of those days. If our boys would have put forth the same effort yesterday that they have all year.. Well it might have been 31-7 the other way.

Anyway congrats on your War Eagle/Tigers. You took it to us. But But there is more to a season then one game. SO far we are still winning the war... But if that is what we have to look forward to (Marcus Randall) then I assume we are going to lose the war as well.

But as of now. LSU is the defending SEC champs AND still 15th in the nation and in 1st in the west.

2. TitanTiger (AU)

TitanTiger (AU) Founding Member

Losing to a "lesser" opponent generally means losing a nail-biter that shouldn't have been, possibly on a fluke play, to a team with obviously inferior talent and at least 4 games behind you in the standings. It's what people say when they lose to Miss. State or Vanderbilt.

Getting creamed 31-7 while giving up 216 yards rushing to a team that was one chip shot FG away from having the same record as you is not losing to a "lesser" team, no matter what the rankings say right now. You can split hairs if you want to, but the fact is right now, Auburn is every bit your equal...check that...they are the better team.

3. TexasTigers

Based on your comments. We are a far superior team then Florida having beat them worse then Auburn beat us in their place. With that fact being stated, Florida is a better team then Auburn since you lost the very next week. Also the fact LSU is ranked, current West division leaders, and current SEC Champions seems to confuse you.

Listen. Auburn was the better team on Saturday no question. Auburn had it all. Keep it going, win the west and I will concede Auburn is a better team.
    The SEC is a tough league, Vandy can sneak up and beat you. Auburn beat us on a very bad day with a QB who has played a total of 1 game. It showed. No team in the SEC can recover from 5 turnovers.
    You won, we lost congrats. We had a setback. We are still a top 20 team. We still have the best coach in the SEC. We will recover and return to kicking the crap out of everyone we play.

So if I understand you correctly if LSU who is still in control of the west. Wins the west and goes to the SEC title game. The best team in the West is not there. Actually to be honest Alabama is the best team in the west. Not us or you at this point.

All this matters little. We lost you won. I am glad for the Auburn fans they needed this. I am just sad we have to be the ones who hand delivered with a little red bow attached.

Our loss to Auburn may be the best thing that happened to us. We needed a reality check. Auburn gave us one.

Yes we can split hairs as you did with your "Chip Shot Field goal" fact is you lost. Just as we did.

Enjoy your win, keep it going and get back to us. Time to move on.
    On to next week.

Geaux Tigers

4. chuck

chuck Founding Member

big point

I think the key point that you made TexasTigers is that in the SEC, anyone can beat anyone on any given day . .

I think its useless to use the comparitive results (we beat Florida, you didn't) because if that's the case, 31-7 looks better than 26-8 and we are a better team that Virginia Tech . .

But you are right, you are the higher ranked team and still control your own destiny in the West . .

honestly, I'm just glad that we won, and that CTT didn't do anything that will give you guys bulliten board material for next year.

5. AUMorgan21

AUMorgan21 Founding Member

I think it was the "lesser" opponent comment that got under everyones skin. I mean come on give us a little credit, we arent Vandy for cryin' out loud!

WAR EAGLE!!

6. TexasTigers

I think that comment was made because on paper, in the polls, in record, LSU is supposed to be a better team. When Auburn lost to UNC, they lost to a lesser opponent. That is not taking anything away from UNC. Auburn was a better team that lost that game due to poor play and coaching. That is what happened to us, in OUR opinion. But that is our opinion.

You are right Chuck. Auburn with the new Q.B and the new Tubby at the helm. Is no Vandy, Auburn played very well and kicked our teeth in.

Also as I mentioned before. I was suprised by Tubbs not running the score up as he has done in the past. I will no longer rip on Tubbs. Sometimes you forgive and forget.

Congrats Chuck by the way, All you visits here have been conducted with Class. I am glad Auburn has gotten it back on track.

7. chuck

chuck Founding Member

thanks

and, barring one unfortuneate loss that hopefully gives Auburn a chance to control their own destiny in the West, I truely hope you guys win out. ;)

8. TexasTigers

That is true, if we lose once and you win out. You win the west. Personally, I think if Bama was not in the "dog house" they would win the west.

My opinion Bama will win in record the west.

They look awesome this year...

Geaux Tigers.

9. chuck

chuck Founding Member

I agree

that bama looks the most impressive .

10. AUMorgan21

AUMorgan21 Founding Member

:)

They should look impressive, just look what it has cost them to get those great players. LOL Sorry I had to throw that one in. But I agree they are a good team this year. The Iron Bowl should be a terrific game.

WAR EAGLE