It couldn't have gone better ...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger420, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Tiger420

Tiger420 Sell crazy someplace else, all stocked up here.

If you are in the "Harris needs to start for this team" party, then last night couldn't have played out any better. Not at all tossing Jennings under the bus. He is a good kid, he has worked hard, earned a playing spot and he has a role here. The fact is that on this team he is the second best QB and last night it was painted in Super High Def.

Not only does Harris play at a different level but so does the entire offense when he is on the field. The chemistry is different. Just looks like a higher level of energy and execution from all 11 players when he is on the field. With such an immediate and sharp contrast on display from one QB to the next, the decision should be simple heading into AU next week.

Playing against Auburn in their stadium is going to be tough but if Harris can lead this offense like he did last night, then LSU has a chance to upset.

Bengal B, GregLSU, Winston1 and 2 others like this.
  2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

3. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Coaches have seen enough to know who our best players are. Let's see how well we do against Auburn.

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Great post. It's clear that Harris is our guy. As we express that, I hope people remember that Jennings is still a Tiger, a teammate and a kid.

gyver and GregLSU like this.
  5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

We are thin at QB. Jennings will still get some work this season. Harris is not a big man and the SEC is a rough league. I thought it was smart for Cameron to pull Harris in the 4th and not risk an injury in a meaningless game.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Harris stepped up when he had his chance. Jennings didn't. In Jennings defense though he wasn't the only one who played like shit in the first quarter last night. But hey, Harris was on another level.

7. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

Yeah, but we only see the results on the field when they each play in games. That Harris makes it look easy even against good competition and Jennings makes it look hard even against cupcakes. We don't see the whole picture. We don't see everything else, like practices, meetings, workouts, etc. And according to our head coach, apparently Jennings shines everywhere - except on the field on Saturdays. And since he knows best - tangible results be damned - I'll bet you a nickel that Jennings will start against Auburn. I could be wrong. But I've seen this movie before. And unless Les Miles has changed, he's going to be too hard headed to just accept the fact that Harris is the better of the two QBs on the field in games. Plenty of evidence that his head is made of cement when it comes to this issue. One of them wears #31. Anyone remember the mishandling of JJ vs JL? If Beckwith's play hasn't put him ahead of Welters's serial ineptitude, why would Harris shining like a diamond in a goat's ass put him adead of Jennings who stunk it up badly against a barely FBS team?

Les Miles is a stubborn hard headed bastard who refuses to factor logic into his decision making process. He's gonna do what he's gonna do no matter what everyone else sees. Hopefully Jennings won't dig us too deep a hole before he sends Harris in to fix things next week.

tirk, fanatic and LSUTiga like this.
  8. LSUTiga

Yeah me too. A semi-LSU fan at coffee was yapping about us running up the score. I told him we needed to get Harris some reps and we paid that team for the ass-whipping they took.

HalloweenRun, GregLSU and fanatic like this.
  9. LSUTiga

That's all that matters though, right?

10. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Les gave Jennings every chance he could last night. Les wanted him to succeeded so much. He had to say sorry fella we have to put the bratty kid in now. I really wouldn't be surprised to see Jennings start next week with Miles "Harris is a good 3 point shooter but he doesn't now how to distribute the ball" crap.

HalloweenRun likes this.