It is a question of trust

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by CottonBowl'66, Feb 1, 2004.

1. CottonBowl'66

CottonBowl'66 Founding Member

The main question facing American voters this November is, "Can we afford to have a President we cannot trust?"

Bush told us that Saddam Hussein was making nuclear weapons to use on us when his own intelligience people were telling him that was not true.

Bush told us that Saddam was working hand in hand with Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaida when his own intelligience people were telling him they had nothing to substantiate that.

We know now that neither of those things were true.

Can we afford to have a President who will tell us anything to justify a war?

A secondary question is, "who does Bush intend to go to war with next?" He insists that he will go to war with whoever he pleases.

Don't assume that that is just political posturing. Bush will not tell you who the next war will be with until he is re-elected. Then he will tell you who "else" is going to nuke us.

It worked once, by his reasoning it will work again.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I don't trust a man (Kerry) who moves in on his friend's widow before the body is cold.
    I don't think anyone will argue that Dean is a freakin' idiot.
    I kinda like Lieberman but he's too damn ugly.
    Sharpton is, well, Sharpton.
    Hillary? She just kills whoever gets in her way.
    All of the others will be out of the race by Wednesday. I threw in Hillary because she wants to be president so damn much.

Sorry. Looks like Dubya wins by default.

3. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

actually my vote goes to Bush not by default but Because he is just plain good and a hell of a lot more honest than ANY body the DNC supports.

4. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Its good to have credibility and Honor and integrity back in the White House. Whne clinton /gore was in the rest of the world laffed at us, now we have the start of some respect anyway.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Well, I have mixed feelings on George going to war. It was probably an unnessessary war, but there was going to be one soon with Irag anyway. It saved the world from another Hitler, but it may have created thousands of new Osamas.

All-in-all the US is standing strong, not taking crap from 2-bit dictators, and acting like a superpower should. But this "intelligence failure" business reeks. Only two things could have happened. Either George got hoodwinked by his own people, . . . or he's hoodwinking us. Either way, I expect better from an American President.

Unfortunately, I don't see one candidate in this election that is made of Presidential timber.

6. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Yeah...integrity and telling the truth...Are those your linchpins that you base your votes on?

The Democrats sure didn't care about it for 8 years...

White-Water-Gate, Vince Foster, the definition of "is", Lewinsky gate, Cigar-gate, impeachment...

For Democrats, murdering those that held damaging personal information about you, underhanded real estate dealings that bilked innocent investors of hundreds of thousands of dollars, lying under oath, admitting perjury, being impeached, those are things that can be looked past when it comes to the President...

But, when our President urges the International Organization that always whines about your lack of cooperation in its decisions to act on its own decisions-supported by Democrats during the previous administration AND by the current Democratic delegation in Congress one year ago-and then decides to act and hold a despot responsible as perscribed by the UN's own Resolutions and their own policy's, that's just not right...

Murder, embezzlement, perjury, infidelity, and impeachment-Okay.
    Carrying out the will of the world's top International Organization-Bad.

Also-Economists now say with factual conviction that the recession was Clinton's that Bush inherited...and that Bush has officially brought us out of it...

We have vanquished foes and dictators, tyrants both near and far, and we have fixed our financial recession...but we don't need the people who were on the clock to do it all!