It might not be quite a rivalry to cadillacattack...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Mar 28, 2004.

1. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

but it sure is to the rest of the Auburn folk. Their SEASON HINGES on LSU according to the rest of AU nation.

AUhank

Will AU make the SEC Championship game this year?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I say yes. I just renewed my SEC Championship Game Tickets for the 4th year in a row, so I am always confident!
    badkarma
    Re: Will AU make the SEC Championship game this year?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I just renewed my SEC Championship Game Tickets for the 4th year in a row, so I am always confident!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yes you should be very confident. Auburn will be very, very tough this year and Carnell, IMHO, should be the front runner for the heisman. he's the REAL deal in my book.
    TIGERPOWER
    I don't think so. I see us going 8-3 or even 7-4. We lose to LSU, UT and UGA. We still have problems on the OL, at WR and the ST's are a problem. I think there's a problem at another key position, but I'm not going to go there. The play calling should be better if CAB is given freedom to do his thing. We'll just have to wait and see if CTT gives it to him. JMHO and I hope I'm wrong.
    CrouchingTigers.com message board (free/no popups)

BloodTypeORANGEandBLUE
    My somewhat educated/biased guess would be, yes.
    I think it hinges on the LSU game.
    Time will tell.
    LocalTiger
    Heisman and Carnell....
    ...he will not be the front runner.
    And I'm not talking about bias against the SEC.
    I'm talking about the lack of a passing game good enought to protect him.
    I'm talking about the really good defenses he will see that know we don't have the passing game.
    I'm talking about him having to average more than 160 yards a game in order to be considered...and he didn't even average 100 last year in his first full injury free season.
    These and an offensive line that just isn't really good (better than average, though) will prevent Carnell from being a front runner, and probably not even a finalist.
    CepheusMinor
    LocalTiger once said:
    I'm talking about the really good defenses he will see that know we don't have the passing game.
    I say to him, keep your head up, We'll have a much better passing game this year. The passing game and receivers should be fine, along with the running game.
    DesScorp
    Nope.

As an earlier post said, 7-4, or maybe 8-3. No berth in the championship game. I think that belongs to LSU for the time being.

AURaptor
    Outlook not so good.
    I've watched LSU and UGA pass by this program like it was standing still. I'm still a fan of CTT, but I'm not sure if we're at that level. I think we're almost there talent wise, but a bit lacking on the sidelines.
    When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber.
    Sir Winston Churchill
    If some one tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back.Capt Mal Reynolds - of Serenity.(Firefly class)

Mushu
    Not with CTT at the helm. LSU quit messing around and went out and got a real coach and we should have had the 'ba***' to do the same last year. Time will tell.
    AUAtl
    I think that it will come down to us and LSU in the West, so we should know by the third week of the season.
    TigerB8r

The winner on Sept 18 will represent the West, as the winner on Oct 30 in Jacksonville will represent the East.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: